- LaGuardia Community College is committed to Offering career, as well as liberal arts and science curricula, developmental education and transfer preparation, cooperative education internships, continuing education classes, and training programs serving individuals, businesses and public agencies.
CUNY LaGuardia Community College serves 16,971 students (54% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 16,971 students
- In-state tuition: $4,866
- Out-state tuition: $7,566
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 90%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
CUNY LaGuardia Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 1,594 teachers has grown by 147% over five years.
CUNY LaGuardia Community College
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of CUNY LaGuardia Community College has declined by 12% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The CUNY LaGuardia Community College diversity score of 0.74 is more than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,866 is less than the state average of $5,507. The in-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,566 is less than the state average of $10,195. The out-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Founded in 1971 as part of the City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College is nationally acclaimed for its commitment in preparing students to become full participants in the economic and civic life of the city, nation and world, via its tradition of academic excellence and innovative real world applications of classroom learning. 31 Majors, 3 Certificates plus an Honors Program for highly motivated students. In 2003, LaGuardia was 1 of 13 colleges nationally to be chosen by the Policy Center on the First College Year as an Institution of Excellence, along side West Point, Purdue University in Indiana and Texas A&M. Only 2 community colleges received this honor. We also have student exchange and transfer programs with Columbia University, Barnard and Vassar Colleges. Annual enrollment is approx. 13,000 students. LaGuardia students come from the United States and more than 160 countries. Our students have high educational goals: 34% plan on earning a Bachelor's degree; an additional 45% plan on earning a Master's degree. Most students have part-time or fulltime jobs during at least part of their matriculation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does CUNY LaGuardia Community College cost?
CUNY LaGuardia Community College's tuition is approximately $4,866 for In-State students and $7,566 for Out-State students.
What is CUNY LaGuardia Community College's ranking?
CUNY LaGuardia Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Least expensive tuition, Diversity in US community colleges, Average community college minority breakdown, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.