CUNY LaGuardia Community College
- LaGuardia Community College is committed to Offering career, as well as liberal arts and science curricula, developmental education and transfer preparation, cooperative education internships, continuing education classes, and training programs serving individuals, businesses and public agencies.
CUNY LaGuardia Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- The teacher population of 643 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY LaGuardia Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||643 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,231 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,922 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,309 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,200||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1971 as part of the City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College is nationally acclaimed for its commitment in preparing students to become full participants in the economic and civic life of the city, nation and world, via its tradition of academic excellence and innovative real world applications of classroom learning. 31 Majors, 3 Certificates plus an Honors Program for highly motivated students. In 2003, LaGuardia was 1 of 13 colleges nationally to be chosen by the Policy Center on the First College Year as an Institution of Excellence, along side West Point, Purdue University in Indiana and Texas A&M. Only 2 community colleges received this honor. We also have student exchange and transfer programs with Columbia University, Barnard and Vassar Colleges. Annual enrollment is approx. 13,000 students. LaGuardia students come from the United States and more than 160 countries. Our students have high educational goals: 34% plan on earning a Bachelor's degree; an additional 45% plan on earning a Master's degree. Most students have part-time or fulltime jobs during at least part of their matriculation.
- The nearest community college to CUNY LaGuardia Community College is Plaza College (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 870 students | 2.30 Mi118-33 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills,  NY  11375
- 4,525 students | 2.40 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 411 students | 2.50 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 253 students | 2.60 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
- 707 students | 2.90 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.