CUNY LaGuardia Community College
- LaGuardia Community College is committed to Offering career, as well as liberal arts and science curricula, developmental education and transfer preparation, cooperative education internships, continuing education classes, and training programs serving individuals, businesses and public agencies.
CUNY LaGuardia Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- The teacher population of 643 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|CUNY LaGuardia Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||643 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,231 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,922 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9,309 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,200||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1971 as part of the City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College is nationally acclaimed for its commitment in preparing students to become full participants in the economic and civic life of the city, nation and world, via its tradition of academic excellence and innovative real world applications of classroom learning. 31 Majors, 3 Certificates plus an Honors Program for highly motivated students. In 2003, LaGuardia was 1 of 13 colleges nationally to be chosen by the Policy Center on the First College Year as an Institution of Excellence, along side West Point, Purdue University in Indiana and Texas A&M. Only 2 community colleges received this honor. We also have student exchange and transfer programs with Columbia University, Barnard and Vassar Colleges. Annual enrollment is approx. 13,000 students. LaGuardia students come from the United States and more than 160 countries. Our students have high educational goals: 34% plan on earning a Bachelor's degree; an additional 45% plan on earning a Master's degree. Most students have part-time or fulltime jobs during at least part of their matriculation.
- The nearest community college to CUNY LaGuardia Community College is Plaza College (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 870 students | 2.30 Mi118-33 Queens Boulevard
Forest Hills,  NY  11375
- 4,525 students | 2.40 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017
- 411 students | 2.50 Mi8 E 40th St
New York,  NY  10016
- 253 students | 2.60 Mi120 Madison Ave
New York,  NY  10016
- 707 students | 2.90 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
Although Governor Jan Brewer vetoed the bill last year, Arizona lawmakers plan to introduce a new bill allowing guns on college campuses in 2012
Learn about why more students are attending community college classes with their parents.
Learn how to evaluate colleges based on accreditation, and why it's important.