CUNY LaGuardia Community College
- LaGuardia Community College is committed to Offering career, as well as liberal arts and science curricula, developmental education and transfer preparation, cooperative education internships, continuing education classes, and training programs serving individuals, businesses and public agencies.
- Enrollment: 16,971 students
- In-state tuition: $4,866
- Out-state tuition: $7,566
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 90%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
CUNY LaGuardia Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Founded in 1971 as part of the City University of New York, LaGuardia Community College is nationally acclaimed for its commitment in preparing students to become full participants in the economic and civic life of the city, nation and world, via its tradition of academic excellence and innovative real world applications of classroom learning. 31 Majors, 3 Certificates plus an Honors Program for highly motivated students. In 2003, LaGuardia was 1 of 13 colleges nationally to be chosen by the Policy Center on the First College Year as an Institution of Excellence, along side West Point, Purdue University in Indiana and Texas A&M. Only 2 community colleges received this honor. We also have student exchange and transfer programs with Columbia University, Barnard and Vassar Colleges. Annual enrollment is approx. 13,000 students. LaGuardia students come from the United States and more than 160 countries. Our students have high educational goals: 34% plan on earning a Bachelor's degree; an additional 45% plan on earning a Master's degree. Most students have part-time or fulltime jobs during at least part of their matriculation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does CUNY LaGuardia Community College cost?
CUNY LaGuardia Community College's tuition is approximately $4,866 for In-State students and $7,566 for Out-State students.