- Cox College is a student-centered college dedicated to preparing culturally competent health care providers committed to serving their communities, their professions, and transforming the future of health care.
- Enrollment: 975 students
- Private-state tuition: $10,150
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 14%
- Source: Verified school update
Cox College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Missouri for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Cox College of Nursing and Health Sciences is a single purpose specialized private college and affiliate of CoxHealth. The college provides integrated, comprehensive educational programs that prepare graduates for a changing health care environment. Cox College of Nursing and Health Sciences is a private College of 700 students near the center of Springfield, Missouri. The College offers ASN and BSN degrees in Nursing, certificates in Medical Transcription and Medical Coding, interaction with faculty in small classes, diverse student practical experience with CoxHealth, and student leadership opportunities. Lester L. Cox College of Nursing and Health Sciences evolved from a proud tradition in diploma nursing education. Burge School of Nursing, established at the Burge Deaconess Hospital in 1907, was known for its high standard of nursing education and the quality of its graduates. In April 1994 the Board of Directors of CoxHeatlh voted to name the College for its longtime Chairman, Lester L. Cox. More than 2,500 nurses graduated from Burge, with the final graduation held in June 1996. In 1989, the administration and faculty of the Burge School of Nursing initiated planning to transition from the hospital-based diploma school to a degree-granting institution of higher education. The need for transition was validated by the nationwide move to redesign nursing care into efficient, cost-effective delivery systems and the need to provide a program more responsive to the needs of the adult learner. Cox College of Nursing and Health Sciences is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The Missouri State Board of Nursing (MSBN) has approved both the Associate and Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Cox College cost?
Cox College's private state tuition is approximately $10,150.
What schools are Cox College often compared to?
Cox Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Bryan University - Springfield by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Cox College?
The acceptance rate of Cox College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 90%.
What is Cox College's ranking?
Cox College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Missouri for: Percent of students receiving financial aid and Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).