Columbus State Community College
Columbus State Community College Photo #2 - Columbus campus looking West with downtown in the background.
- Columbus State Community College is Central Ohio`s front door to higher education. It reflects the demographics of the area while leveraging the college's rich diversity for the benefit of our local and global communities. It is one of just a few community colleges in the nation to be selected as both an Achieving the Dream Leader College and a Pathways Project member of the Association of Community Colleges.
Columbus State Community College serves 27,621 students (24% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 38:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 38% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 27,621 students
- In-state tuition: $4,888
- Out-state tuition: $9,998
- Student:teacher ratio: 38:1
- Minority enrollment: 38%
- Source: Verified school update
Columbus State Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Ohio for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 729 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Columbus State Community College
(OH) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of Columbus State Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 38:1 has increased from 31:1 over five years.
The Columbus State Community College diversity score of 0.59 is more than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,888 is more than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has grown by 28% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,998 is less than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has grown by 18% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
Our tuition is $162.93 per credit hour, or less than $5,000 a year.
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Columbus State Community College has been dedicated to meeting the educational needs of our community for 40 years. The College has grown from an initial enrollment of 67 students in 1963, to its current thriving campus of more than 23,000 students. Our small, friendly campus is conveniently located near downtown Columbus, on 80 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds. In addition to the main campus, Columbus State operates six Regional Learning Centers in the suburban neighborhoods of Dublin, Reynoldsburg, Westerville, Bolton Field, Grove City and Marsville. Columbus State offers two-year career programs in more than 50 areas of Business, Health, Public Service, Human Service, and Engineering/Manufacturing, as well as transfer programs for students who are interested in completing the first two years of a bachelor's degree, then transferring to a four-year university. We are the largest provider of Distance Learning classes in Ohio. Columbus State Community College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of North Central Association.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Columbus State Community College cost?
Columbus State Community College's tuition is approximately $4,888 for In-State students and $9,998 for Out-State students.
What sports does Columbus State Community College offer?
Columbus State Community College offers 2 interscholastic sports: Golf and Volleyball.
What is Columbus State Community College's ranking?
Columbus State Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Ohio for: Diversity in US community colleges, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Getting into Law School with a Community College Degree
You don't have to be a pre-law major to get into law school, but how will your application be impacted by your community college degree?
Happier Families Start at Community College Parenting Courses
Your local community college is an excellent resource for free parenting classes. Take advantage of the learning opportunities and give your baby the best start in life.
The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007
Learn more about The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 ("CCRAA" or the "Act"), which was enacted to make college more affordable for low- and moderate-income students by phasing in increases in government grants.