- Brookhaven College serves the northwest part of Dallas County with student-focused educational programs. Whether you need a review of your skills before beginning college-level work, short-term training to enter the workforce right away, or undergraduate courses on your way to an advanced degree, Brookhaven College offers high quality, convenient and affordable classes to help you meet your educational goals. Personal enrichment courses also are available for you to pursue your interests, hobbies or love of learning.
- Enrollment: 13,718 students
- In-state tuition: $3,015
- Out-state tuition: $4,695
- Student:teacher ratio: 22:1
- Minority enrollment: 78%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Brookhaven College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Brookhaven College opened its doors in 1978 as one of the seven Dallas County Community College District, the largest undergraduate institution in the State of Texas. Located on a 200-acre campus in the city of Farmers Branch, the college serves the northern portion of Dallas County including the Town of Addison, cities of Carrollton and Farmers Branch and North Dallas. Brookhaven College currently has a total of 467,000 square feet of building space divided among 17 buildings. Instructional laboratories include a business studies computer center, which houses more than 200 student computers. A recent expansion to fine arts facilities includes a new 2,400 square-foot gallery, a renovated ceramics/kiln yard and a Macintosh computer lab. The 680-seat performance hall is the site for year round School of the Arts presentations including plays, dance festivals and nationally known entertainers, and serves as the venue for theatre arts instruction. Brookhaven College, a two-year community college offering a full range of freshman-and sophomore-level courses, confers the associate in arts and associate in science degrees. Associate in applied science degrees and certificates also are available in technical/occupational areas including accounting, automotive technology, business administration, child development, computer information technology, e-commerce, emergency medical services, management, marketing, office technology, paramedicine, radiologic technology, nursing and visual communications. Corporate and continuing education courses range from self-improvement and career skills to leisure activity. Customized training programs also are available for businesses on the college campus or at the job site. Brookhaven College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree.