City College-Fort Lauderdale
- City College provides students with services in financial aid, tutoring, career advising, and job placement. At City College, we are committed to your success and believe in your potential to grow academically, personally, and professionally. Education is the key to success. The mission of City College is to educate and train students in their chosen major for employment in specific career fields. The College awards Diplomas, Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degrees based on the student's successful completion of required coursework.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has grown by 54% over five years.
|City College-Fort Lauderdale||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||38 staff|
|Total Enrollment||575 students||1,230 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||338 students||537 students|
|# Part-Time Students||237 students||693 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- City College is a not for profit private college currently operating 3 campuses in Florida. City College's campuses are located in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville and Miami. City College was originally established as Draughon's College of Business, a branch of Draughon's Junior College of Business founded in 1896, in Paducah, Kentucky. In 1986, the College changed its name to CareerCom College of Business. In 1987, the College was purchased by Career City College, Inc., and became known as Career City College. In May, 1988, Career City College, Inc. established a branch campus in Gainesville, Florida. The College revised its name to City College in January, 1994. In June, 1997, City College expanded its educational facilities to include a branch in South Miami, Florida. The College is located at 2000 W. Commercial Boulevard. The classrooms, labs, and administrative offices occupy 28,500 square feet of an air-conditioned building. Parking is available to students. Classrooms are intentionally designed to limit the number of students per room so that maximum personal attention can be given to each student. Fort Lauderdale is world-renowned for the beauty in its beaches and in its people. Its varied business sites, along with those in Miami, offer the student numerous opportunities in the working world. City College offers a Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Administration, as well as Associate of Science degrees programs in Accounting, Broadcasting, Management, Computer Applications, Hospitality, Private Investigation, Electronics, Computer Engineering, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Emergency Medical Services, Paramedic, and Legal Assistant/Paralegal. City College is a Senior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Diplomas, Associate of Science and the Bachelor of Science degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 175 students | 3.30 Mi4850 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 224
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33313
- 44,119 students | 5.10 Mi111 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33301
- 1,548 students | 5.30 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062
- 203 students | 6.20 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 59 students | 9.50 Mi225 East Dania Beach Blvd., #130
Dania,  FL  33004
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.