City College-Fort Lauderdale
- City College provides students with services in financial aid, tutoring, career advising, and job placement. At City College, we are committed to your success and believe in your potential to grow academically, personally, and professionally. Education is the key to success. The mission of City College is to educate and train students in their chosen major for employment in specific career fields. The College awards Diplomas, Associate of Science or Bachelor of Science degrees based on the student's successful completion of required coursework.
- The teacher population of 37 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|City College-Fort Lauderdale||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||37 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||575 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||338 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||237 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,300||$30,300|
- City College is a not for profit private college currently operating 3 campuses in Florida. City College's campuses are located in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville and Miami. City College was originally established as Draughon's College of Business, a branch of Draughon's Junior College of Business founded in 1896, in Paducah, Kentucky. In 1986, the College changed its name to CareerCom College of Business. In 1987, the College was purchased by Career City College, Inc., and became known as Career City College. In May, 1988, Career City College, Inc. established a branch campus in Gainesville, Florida. The College revised its name to City College in January, 1994. In June, 1997, City College expanded its educational facilities to include a branch in South Miami, Florida. The College is located at 2000 W. Commercial Boulevard. The classrooms, labs, and administrative offices occupy 28,500 square feet of an air-conditioned building. Parking is available to students. Classrooms are intentionally designed to limit the number of students per room so that maximum personal attention can be given to each student. Fort Lauderdale is world-renowned for the beauty in its beaches and in its people. Its varied business sites, along with those in Miami, offer the student numerous opportunities in the working world. City College offers a Bachelor's of Science degree in Business Administration, as well as Associate of Science degrees programs in Accounting, Broadcasting, Management, Computer Applications, Hospitality, Private Investigation, Electronics, Computer Engineering, Medical Assistant, Medical Office Administration, Emergency Medical Services, Paramedic, and Legal Assistant/Paralegal. City College is a Senior College accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award Diplomas, Associate of Science and the Bachelor of Science degrees.
- The nearest community college to City College-Fort Lauderdale is Fortis Institute-Fort Lauderdale (3.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 175 students | 3.30 Mi4850 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 224
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33313
- 44,119 students | 5.10 Mi111 East Las Olas Blvd
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33301
- 1,548 students | 5.30 Mi225 N. Federal Hwy.
Pompano Beach,  FL  33062
- 203 students | 6.20 Mi2001 W Sample Rd Ste 100
Pompano Beach,  FL  33064
- 90 students | 9.50 Mi1040 Bayview Drive
Fort Lauderdale,  FL  33304