- Canada College provides students with an opportunity to transfer to four-year universities, earn professional certificates, or improve basic academic skills. Canada is a comprehensive college that offers courses, degrees and certificates in many subject areas. The local community provides the resources that keep classes small and permit us to provide the personal touch to promote student success. We are here to serve the community’s academic and workforce training needs. Canada offers bachelor’s degrees in an array of programs through the first University Center developed in California. More than 1,000 students are on campus earning four-year degrees in nursing, business administration, allied health, child and adolescent development, art, psychology in this unique program initially funded by the California Legislature. This institution of higher learning opens doors for adult learners looking for a career change or advancement in your existing career. You can pursue a career in medical assisting, radiologic technology, multimedia, early-childhood education, fashion design, interior design, human services, accounting, business technology, and many other fields that are described on this site.
|Canada College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||134 staff||149 staff|
- Cañada College opened in 1968 as part of the three-school San Mateo County Community College District. The college is located on 131 acres in the western part of Redwood City and is conveniently located to Highway 280. The primary service area for the college is the southern portion of San Mateo County, Redwood City, East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, San Carlos, Atherton, Portola Valley, La Honda, Woodside, Half Moon Bay, and Pescadero. Cañada College is part of the 108 school California Community College system. Cañada College is one of the smallest community colleges in the Bay Area with approximately 6,500 students. The college is one of only two federally-designated Hispanic Serving Institutions in the Bay Area. Approximately 44 percent of Cañada's students are Latino. Cañada College is one of the few California community colleges offering bachelor's degrees through its University Center. Whether your goal is to complete high school, earn a professional certificate, associate's degree, or to eventually transfer to a four-year college or university, Cañada College is here to help you. We offer a seamless learning environment that can take you from high school to a university degree without ever leaving our campus. Cañada College also opens doors for adult learners looking for a career change. You can pursue a career in medical assisting, radiology, multimedia, early childhood education, fashion and interior design, human services, accounting, business technology, and many other fields that are described through our webpage. Whether you need to start your new career by first learning English or you already have a bachelor's degree, Cañada College can help you on the path to a new career.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 8,924 students | 7.00 Mi1700 W Hillsdale Blvd
San Mateo, CA 94402
(650) 574-6161 7.008,924
- 14,732 students | 9.60 Mi12345 El Monte Rd
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
(650) 949-7777 9.6014,732
- 19,482 students | 14.80 Mi21250 Stevens Creek Blvd.
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 864-5678 14.8019,482
- 7,780 students | 15.60 Mi3000 Mission College Blvd
Santa Clara, CA 95054
(408) 988-2200 15.607,780
- 13,833 students | 15.90 Mi25555 Hesperian Blvd
Hayward, CA 94545
(510) 723-6600 15.9013,833