Brown Mackie College-Indianapolis
- The teacher population of 28 teachers has declined by 22% over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Indianapolis||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||28 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||995 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||995 students||507 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Indianapolis is Harrison College-Indianapolis (1.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,498 students | 1.20 Mi550 East Washington Street
Indianapolis,  IN  46204
- 91,179 students | 1.40 Mi50 W. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive
Indianapolis,  IN  46208
- 143 students | 7.30 Mi7251 W McCarty St
Indianapolis,  IN  46241
- 501 students | 7.50 Mi8150 Brookville Road
Indianapolis,  IN  46239
- 1,199 students | 8.40 Mi7225 Winton Drive - Building 128
Indianapolis,  IN  46268
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.