Brown Mackie College-Fort Wayne
Tel: (260) 484-4400
- Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne provides higher education to traditional and nontraditional students through associate?s degree and certificate programs designed to enhance career opportunities, broaden perspectives through appropriate general education courses, develop critical and independent thinking skills, improve problem-solving abilities and develop an appreciation for lifelong and continued education.
- The teacher population of 20 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brown Mackie College-Fort Wayne||(IN) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||20 staff||28 staff|
|Total Enrollment||507 students||1,806 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||34:1|
|# Full-Time Students||507 students||507 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2007)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,300||$30,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne, formerly know as Michiana College, is one of the oldest institutions of its kind in the United States. The College's long history offering career education and training dates back to its establishment in 1882 as the Fort Wayne Commercial College. In 2003, the parent corporation of Michiana College was acquired by Pittsburgh-based Education Management Corporation (EDMC), and in 2004, Michiana College changed its name to Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne. The Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne facility includes medical, computer, occupational and physical therapy labs, as well as a library and bookstore. The labs provide students with hands-on opportunities to apply knowledge and skills learned in the classroom. Students are welcome to use the labs when those facilities are not in use for scheduled classes. The College's smoke-free four-story building offers a modern, professional environment for study. Five classrooms are outfitted as ?classrooms of the future,? with an instructor workstation, full multimedia capabilities, a surround sound system, and projection screen that can be accessed by computer, DVD, or VHS equipment. Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne serves more than 600 students with an average class size of 18 students. At Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne, we offer an array of career-oriented programs leading to an associate's degree or certificate. Our administration and faculty keeps on top of business, industry, and healthcare trends. Our accelerated, month-long day classes take place Monday through Thursday. Evening classes are held Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings. Programs offered at Fort Wayne includes Accounting, Accounting Technology, Business, Business Management, Computer Software Applications, Computer Software Technology, Criminal Justice, Electronics, Medical Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Paralegal, Paralegal Assistant and Practical Nursing. Brown Mackie College ? Fort Wayne is accredited to award associate degrees and certificates by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACIS).
- The nearest community college to Brown Mackie College-Fort Wayne is Ivy Tech Community College-Northeast (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 10,932 students | 0.70 Mi3800 N Anthony Blvd
Fort Wayne,  IN  46805
(260) 482-9171 0.7010,932
- 372 students | 9.60 Mi5699 Coventry Lane
Fort Wayne,  IN  46804
(260) 459-4500 9.60372
- 3,612 students | 47.90 Mi22600 State Route 34
Archbold,  OH  43502
(419) 267-5511 47.903,612
- 1,147 students | 49.80 Mi7600 St. Rt. 703
Celina,  OH  45822
(419) 586-0300 49.801,147
- 4,111 students | 55.40 Mi1441 N Cable Rd
Lima,  OH  45805
(419) 227-3141 55.404,111
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.