- Brazosport College exists to improve quality of life by providing associate and baccalaureate degree programs, academic transfer programs, job skills training, and cultural enrichment in an efficient and cost effective manner. Our faculty and staff are committed to responding to student needs, creating a learning environment, exceeding employer expectations, and enriching our community.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brazosport College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,155 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||881 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,274 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,800||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brazosport College is an open door, equal access higher education institution committed to providing the best courses, programs, and activities that can be organized and presented to meet the identified needs of adult learners from varied backgrounds. Enrollment from January to December 2004 was approximately 29,280 students in both credit and non-credit courses. Since its establishment in 1968, the college has played an important role in the personal successes of more than 100,000 students. In recent years, Brazosport College has graduated just over 200 students annually, and has become the key provider of a highly-trained work force for local industry employers in Brazoria County. The Brazosport College campus occupies 156 acres of beautiful, naturally landscaped grounds enclosed on two sides by the winding Oyster Creek. It is convenient to all towns and cities in South Brazoria County: 22 miles from Sweeny, 19 miles from West Columbia, 11 miles from Brazoria, eight miles from Freeport and Angleton, and only two miles from Lake Jackson, Clute, and Richwood. For students seeking a certificate or degree in an occupational/technical field, Brazosport College offers courses leading to an Associate of Applied Science degree in nineteen areas. Additionally, an ever-broadening community education program is designed to address the diverse needs of people of all ages within the communities served by the college. From Saturday Morning Enrichment classes designed for K-fifth graders, and summertime Kids' College and Teen College, to the Adult Life and Learning Program for our senior neighbors, Brazosport College has lifelong opportunities for learning adventures. Brazosport College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Baccalaureate Degrees and Associate Degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,928 students | 26.10 Mi3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin,  TX  77511
- 3,858 students | 34.40 Mi1200 Amburn Road
Texas City,  TX  77591
- 342 students | 37.20 Mi20985 Interstate 45 South
Webster,  TX  77598
- n/a students | 39.00 Mi13735 beamer rd
Houston,  TX  77089
- 2,048 students | 42.30 Mi4015 Ave Q
Galveston,  TX  77550
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.