- Brazosport College exists to improve quality of life by providing associate and baccalaureate degree programs, academic transfer programs, job skills training, and cultural enrichment in an efficient and cost effective manner. Our faculty and staff are committed to responding to student needs, creating a learning environment, exceeding employer expectations, and enriching our community.
- The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brazosport College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,155 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||881 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,274 students||2,866 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,800||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brazosport College is an open door, equal access higher education institution committed to providing the best courses, programs, and activities that can be organized and presented to meet the identified needs of adult learners from varied backgrounds. Enrollment from January to December 2004 was approximately 29,280 students in both credit and non-credit courses. Since its establishment in 1968, the college has played an important role in the personal successes of more than 100,000 students. In recent years, Brazosport College has graduated just over 200 students annually, and has become the key provider of a highly-trained work force for local industry employers in Brazoria County. The Brazosport College campus occupies 156 acres of beautiful, naturally landscaped grounds enclosed on two sides by the winding Oyster Creek. It is convenient to all towns and cities in South Brazoria County: 22 miles from Sweeny, 19 miles from West Columbia, 11 miles from Brazoria, eight miles from Freeport and Angleton, and only two miles from Lake Jackson, Clute, and Richwood. For students seeking a certificate or degree in an occupational/technical field, Brazosport College offers courses leading to an Associate of Applied Science degree in nineteen areas. Additionally, an ever-broadening community education program is designed to address the diverse needs of people of all ages within the communities served by the college. From Saturday Morning Enrichment classes designed for K-fifth graders, and summertime Kids' College and Teen College, to the Adult Life and Learning Program for our senior neighbors, Brazosport College has lifelong opportunities for learning adventures. Brazosport College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Baccalaureate Degrees and Associate Degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,928 students | 26.40 Mi3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin,  TX  77511
- 3,858 students | 34.60 Mi1200 Amburn Road
Texas City,  TX  77591
- 236 students | 36.00 Mi3208 Fm 528
Friendswood,  TX  77546
- n/a students | 38.70 Mi13735 beamer rd
Houston,  TX  77089
- 2,048 students | 39.80 Mi4015 Ave Q
Galveston,  TX  77550
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.