Tel: (979) 230-3000
- Brazosport College exists to improve quality of life by providing associate and baccalaureate degree programs, academic transfer programs, job skills training, and cultural enrichment in an efficient and cost effective manner. Our faculty and staff are committed to responding to student needs, creating a learning environment, exceeding employer expectations, and enriching our community.
The teacher population of 142 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Brazosport College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||142 staff||121 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Brazosport College is an open door, equal access higher education institution committed to providing the best courses, programs, and activities that can be organized and presented to meet the identified needs of adult learners from varied backgrounds. Enrollment from January to December 2004 was approximately 29,280 students in both credit and non-credit courses. Since its establishment in 1968, the college has played an important role in the personal successes of more than 100,000 students. In recent years, Brazosport College has graduated just over 200 students annually, and has become the key provider of a highly-trained work force for local industry employers in Brazoria County. The Brazosport College campus occupies 156 acres of beautiful, naturally landscaped grounds enclosed on two sides by the winding Oyster Creek. It is convenient to all towns and cities in South Brazoria County: 22 miles from Sweeny, 19 miles from West Columbia, 11 miles from Brazoria, eight miles from Freeport and Angleton, and only two miles from Lake Jackson, Clute, and Richwood. For students seeking a certificate or degree in an occupational/technical field, Brazosport College offers courses leading to an Associate of Applied Science degree in nineteen areas. Additionally, an ever-broadening community education program is designed to address the diverse needs of people of all ages within the communities served by the college. From Saturday Morning Enrichment classes designed for K-fifth graders, and summertime Kids' College and Teen College, to the Adult Life and Learning Program for our senior neighbors, Brazosport College has lifelong opportunities for learning adventures. Brazosport College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Baccalaureate Degrees and Associate Degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,573 students | 26.10 Mi3110 Mustang Rd
Alvin, TX 77511
(281) 756-3500 26.105,573
- 4,673 students | 34.40 Mi1200 Amburn Road
Texas City, TX 77591
(409) 938-1211 34.404,673
- 324 students | 37.20 Mi20985 Interstate 45 South
Webster, TX 77598
(281) 885-4450 37.20324
- n/a students | 39.00 Mi13735 beamer rd
Houston, TX 77089
(281) 484-1900 39.00n/a
- 2,429 students | 42.30 Mi4015 Ave Q
Galveston, TX 77550
(409) 944-1220 42.302,429
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.