- Brazosport College exists to improve quality of life by providing associate and baccalaureate degree programs, academic transfer programs, job skills training, and cultural enrichment in an efficient and cost effective manner. Our faculty and staff are committed to responding to student needs, creating a learning environment, exceeding employer expectations, and enriching our community.
Brazosport College serves 3,852 students (16% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 53% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 70%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,852 students
- In-state tuition: $3,315
- Out-state tuition: $4,725
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 53%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Brazosport College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Texas for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 421 teachers has grown by 196% over five years.
(TX) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Brazosport College has declined by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five years.
The Brazosport College diversity score of 0.61 is less than the state average of 0.68. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,315 is less than the state average of $3,626. The in-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $4,725 is less than the state average of $5,997. The out-state tuition has declined by 11% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Brazosport College is an open door, equal access higher education institution committed to providing the best courses, programs, and activities that can be organized and presented to meet the identified needs of adult learners from varied backgrounds. Enrollment from January to December 2004 was approximately 29,280 students in both credit and non-credit courses. Since its establishment in 1968, the college has played an important role in the personal successes of more than 100,000 students. In recent years, Brazosport College has graduated just over 200 students annually, and has become the key provider of a highly-trained work force for local industry employers in Brazoria County. The Brazosport College campus occupies 156 acres of beautiful, naturally landscaped grounds enclosed on two sides by the winding Oyster Creek. It is convenient to all towns and cities in South Brazoria County: 22 miles from Sweeny, 19 miles from West Columbia, 11 miles from Brazoria, eight miles from Freeport and Angleton, and only two miles from Lake Jackson, Clute, and Richwood. For students seeking a certificate or degree in an occupational/technical field, Brazosport College offers courses leading to an Associate of Applied Science degree in nineteen areas. Additionally, an ever-broadening community education program is designed to address the diverse needs of people of all ages within the communities served by the college. From Saturday Morning Enrichment classes designed for K-fifth graders, and summertime Kids' College and Teen College, to the Adult Life and Learning Program for our senior neighbors, Brazosport College has lifelong opportunities for learning adventures. Brazosport College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Baccalaureate Degrees and Associate Degrees.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Brazosport College cost?
Brazosport College's tuition is approximately $3,315 for In-State students and $4,725 for Out-State students.
What schools are Brazosport College often compared to?
Brazosport Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like Alvin Community College by visitors of our site.
What is Brazosport College's ranking?
Brazosport College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Texas for: Least debt for graduating students.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.