Bowling Green State University-Firelands
Tel: (419) 433-5560
- For four decades and counting BGSU Firelands has served the higher education goals and needs of north-central Ohio. Over the years we have grown quite a bit, and our commitment has allowed us to continue to provide access to a major university experience at affordable prices.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bowling Green State University-Firelands||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,287 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,191 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,096 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,200||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- One of Bowling Green State University's seven undergraduate colleges, located in Huron, Ohio. Situated on 216 acres, four buildings, plant value of $16.1 million. Thousands of students have received degrees or have taken courses at BGSU Firelands since it opened its doors on September 25, 1968. Thousands of citizens have taken non-credit, lifelong learning courses and attended workshops and seminars through the Office for Educational Outreach. BGSU Firelands awards the following associate degrees: associate of arts, associate of science, associate of applied business in administrative office systems, associate of applied business in business management technology, associate of applied business in computer science technology, associate of applied business in visual media technology, associate of applied science in criminal justice, associate of applied science in electrical/electronic engineering technology, associate of applied sciences in health information technology, associate of applied science in human services, associate of applied science in radiologic technology, associate of applied science in respiratory care technology, associate of applied science in world class manufacturing, associate of technical study and associate of technical study in emergency medical technician--paramedic. BGSU Firelands provides the first two years of instruction toward the bachelor of science in nursing degree, serves as the satellite site for the Lorain County Community College associate of applied science in nursing program and, in consort with the Medical College of Ohio, offers the necessary coursework for RNs to complete the bachelor of science and master of science in nursing degrees. The associate of applied science in respiratory care technology degree is also offered as a satellite program at Lorain County Community College. BGSU Firelands credits are BGSU credits. Bowling Green State University's accreditation by the North Central Association ensures that credits earned at Firelands are transferable to most other colleges and universities.
- The nearest community college to Bowling Green State University-Firelands is Ohio Business College-Sandusky (7.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 264 students | 7.20 Mi5202 Timber Commons Drive
Sandusky,  OH  44870
(419) 627-8345 7.20264
- 420 students | 24.30 Mi5095 Waterford Dr.
Elyria,  OH  44035
(440) 934-3101 24.30420
- 11,569 students | 24.40 Mi1005 North Abbe Rd
Elyria,  OH  44035
(440) 366-5222 24.4011,569
- 2,101 students | 32.20 Mi2830 Napoleon Rd
Fremont,  OH  43420
(419) 334-8400 32.202,101
- 541 students | 39.30 Mi12955 Snow Rd
Cleveland,  OH  44130
(216) 265-3151 39.30541
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
Learn how community colleges and associate degrees can lead to high paying careers.
Learn what to expect in terms of classes and student life in your first semester of community college.