- For four decades and counting BGSU Firelands has served the higher education goals and needs of north-central Ohio. Over the years we have grown quite a bit, and our commitment has allowed us to continue to provide access to a major university experience at affordable prices.
Bowling Green State University-Firelands serves 2,085 students (49% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 18:1 is higher than the state community college average of 17:1.
Minority enrollment is 21% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 28%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,085 students
- In-state tuition: $4,946
- Out-state tuition: $12,254
- Student:teacher ratio: 18:1
- Minority enrollment: 21%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 113 teachers has grown by 39% over five years.
Bowling Green State University-Firelands
(OH) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Bowling Green State University-Firelands has grown by 5% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 18:1 has decreased from 19:1 over five years.
The Bowling Green State University-Firelands diversity score of 0.37 is less than the state average of 0.46. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,946 is more than the state average of $4,876. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,254 is more than the state average of $11,127. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- One of Bowling Green State University's seven undergraduate colleges, located in Huron, Ohio. Situated on 216 acres, four buildings, plant value of $16.1 million. Thousands of students have received degrees or have taken courses at BGSU Firelands since it opened its doors on September 25, 1968. Thousands of citizens have taken non-credit, lifelong learning courses and attended workshops and seminars through the Office for Educational Outreach. BGSU Firelands awards the following associate degrees: associate of arts, associate of science, associate of applied business in administrative office systems, associate of applied business in business management technology, associate of applied business in computer science technology, associate of applied business in visual media technology, associate of applied science in criminal justice, associate of applied science in electrical/electronic engineering technology, associate of applied sciences in health information technology, associate of applied science in human services, associate of applied science in radiologic technology, associate of applied science in respiratory care technology, associate of applied science in world class manufacturing, associate of technical study and associate of technical study in emergency medical technician--paramedic. BGSU Firelands provides the first two years of instruction toward the bachelor of science in nursing degree, serves as the satellite site for the Lorain County Community College associate of applied science in nursing program and, in consort with the Medical College of Ohio, offers the necessary coursework for RNs to complete the bachelor of science and master of science in nursing degrees. The associate of applied science in respiratory care technology degree is also offered as a satellite program at Lorain County Community College. BGSU Firelands credits are BGSU credits. Bowling Green State University's accreditation by the North Central Association ensures that credits earned at Firelands are transferable to most other colleges and universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bowling Green State University-Firelands cost?
Bowling Green State University-Firelands's tuition is approximately $4,946 for In-State students and $12,254 for Out-State students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.