Bowling Green State University-Firelands
- For four decades and counting BGSU Firelands has served the higher education goals and needs of north-central Ohio. Over the years we have grown quite a bit, and our commitment has allowed us to continue to provide access to a major university experience at affordable prices.
- The teacher population of 81 teachers has declined by 20% over five years.
|Bowling Green State University-Firelands||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||81 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,287 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,191 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,096 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,200||$31,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- One of Bowling Green State University's seven undergraduate colleges, located in Huron, Ohio. Situated on 216 acres, four buildings, plant value of $16.1 million. Thousands of students have received degrees or have taken courses at BGSU Firelands since it opened its doors on September 25, 1968. Thousands of citizens have taken non-credit, lifelong learning courses and attended workshops and seminars through the Office for Educational Outreach. BGSU Firelands awards the following associate degrees: associate of arts, associate of science, associate of applied business in administrative office systems, associate of applied business in business management technology, associate of applied business in computer science technology, associate of applied business in visual media technology, associate of applied science in criminal justice, associate of applied science in electrical/electronic engineering technology, associate of applied sciences in health information technology, associate of applied science in human services, associate of applied science in radiologic technology, associate of applied science in respiratory care technology, associate of applied science in world class manufacturing, associate of technical study and associate of technical study in emergency medical technician--paramedic. BGSU Firelands provides the first two years of instruction toward the bachelor of science in nursing degree, serves as the satellite site for the Lorain County Community College associate of applied science in nursing program and, in consort with the Medical College of Ohio, offers the necessary coursework for RNs to complete the bachelor of science and master of science in nursing degrees. The associate of applied science in respiratory care technology degree is also offered as a satellite program at Lorain County Community College. BGSU Firelands credits are BGSU credits. Bowling Green State University's accreditation by the North Central Association ensures that credits earned at Firelands are transferable to most other colleges and universities.
- The nearest community college to Bowling Green State University-Firelands is Ohio Business College-Sandusky (3.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 264 students | 3.90 Mi5202 Timber Commons Drive
Sandusky,  OH  44870
- 11,569 students | 26.80 Mi1005 North Abbe Rd
Elyria,  OH  44035
- 420 students | 27.00 Mi5095 Waterford Dr.
Elyria,  OH  44035
- 2,603 students | 29.30 Mi2830 Napoleon Rd
Fremont,  OH  43420
- 2,937 students | 41.50 Mi2441 Kenwood Circle
Mansfield,  OH  44901
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.