Big Sandy Community and Technical College
- Big Sandy Community and Technical College provides learning experiences for those preparing for immediate entry into the workforce upon graduation, for those transferring to a baccalaureate institution, and for community members seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Enrollment: 2,426 students
- In-state tuition: $3,624
- Out-state tuition: $12,456
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 6%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- With four campuses located in Hager Hill, Paintsville, Pikeville and Prestonsburg, BSCTC is conveniently located to all of the Big Sandy area. The College offers programs and courses of study in general, developmental, technical, and career education; student development; community and public service; and lifelong learning. Through these programs and courses, the College awards continuing education units, diplomas, certificates, and associate degrees consistent with the comprehensive nature of the institution. Students earn associate degrees, diplomas and certificates at BSCTC, which is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). BSCTC has partnered with business and industry to provide training at all of our campuses in a wide array of short term and industry specific classes. The College provides an environment for students, faculty, staff, and the community that encourages effective communication; freedom of expression; cultural awareness and enrichment; professional and intellectual growth; personal assessment; informed decision-making; problem solving; environmental awareness; and analytical, critical, and ethical thinking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Big Sandy Community and Technical College cost?
Big Sandy Community and Technical College's tuition is approximately $3,624 for In-State students and $12,456 for Out-State students.
What is Big Sandy Community and Technical College's ranking?
Big Sandy Community and Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Kentucky for: Least expensive tuition.