Hazard Community and Technical College
- As one of 16 institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), Hazard Community and Technical College is part of the most exciting reform of higher education in the Commonwealth. KCTCS is the system that provides citizens of the state with access to affordable, quality postsecondary education and training.
- Enrollment: 2,630 students
- In-state tuition: $3,624
- Out-state tuition: $12,456
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 4%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- As a community and technical college, we exist to meet the educational, social and cultural needs of the citizens of the Kentucky River Valley of Eastern Kentucky. Hazard Community and Technical College is a multi-campus college offering unique opportunities at each campus. Our Hazard Campus houses the First Federal Center, The Clemons Center, and the UK Center for Rural Health Bailey-Stumbo building to house our many allied health programs. The Challenger Learning Center of Kentucky, located at the Hazard Campus, provides a special learning center for area children. Our Technical Campus offers training programs in everything from Auto Mechanics to Electronics to Welding. The Lees College Campus in Jackson offers a full residential life experience through residence hall living. Our Knott County Branch provides improved access to postsecondary education and training to citizens of that part of the region as well as our newest site in Hyden in Leslie County-the Leslie County Center. Kentucky Community and Technical College System comprises 16 colleges with over 65 campuses and other locations open or under construction. KCTCS colleges change lives by providing accessible and affordable education and training through academic and technical associate degrees; diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; pre-baccalaureate education; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hazard Community and Technical College cost?
Hazard Community and Technical College's tuition is approximately $3,624 for In-State students and $12,456 for Out-State students.
What is Hazard Community and Technical College's ranking?
Hazard Community and Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Kentucky for: Least expensive tuition.