Hazard Community and Technical College
- As one of 16 institutions in the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS), Hazard Community and Technical College is part of the most exciting reform of higher education in the Commonwealth. KCTCS is the system that provides citizens of the state with access to affordable, quality postsecondary education and training.
- The teacher population of 118 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Hazard Community and Technical College||(KY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||118 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,462 students||3,252 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,570 students||1,360 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,892 students||1,892 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,100||$29,400|
- As a community and technical college, we exist to meet the educational, social and cultural needs of the citizens of the Kentucky River Valley of Eastern Kentucky. Hazard Community and Technical College is a multi-campus college offering unique opportunities at each campus. Our Hazard Campus houses the First Federal Center, The Clemons Center, and the UK Center for Rural Health Bailey-Stumbo building to house our many allied health programs. The Challenger Learning Center of Kentucky, located at the Hazard Campus, provides a special learning center for area children. Our Technical Campus offers training programs in everything from Auto Mechanics to Electronics to Welding. The Lees College Campus in Jackson offers a full residential life experience through residence hall living. Our Knott County Branch provides improved access to postsecondary education and training to citizens of that part of the region as well as our newest site in Hyden in Leslie County-the Leslie County Center. Kentucky Community and Technical College System comprises 16 colleges with over 65 campuses and other locations open or under construction. KCTCS colleges change lives by providing accessible and affordable education and training through academic and technical associate degrees; diploma and certificate programs in occupational fields; pre-baccalaureate education; adult, continuing and developmental education; customized training for business and industry; and distance learning.
- The nearest community college to Hazard Community and Technical College is Southeast Kentucky Community and Technical College (21.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,660 students | 21.10 Mi700 College Rd
Cumberland,  KY  40823
- 2,718 students | 35.00 Mi3441 Mountain Empire Road
Big Stone Gap,  VA  24219
- 4,638 students | 38.10 Mi1 Bert Combs Dr
Prestonsburg,  KY  41653
- 5,865 students | 66.80 Mi2425 Hwy 75
Blountville,  TN  37617
- 9 students | 70.40 Mi100 Piedmont Ave
Bristol,  VA  24201