Tallahassee Community College
Tel: (850) 201-6200
- Tallahassee Community College is one of the nation`s top community colleges. Every semester, more than 12,000 students choose TCC as the next step in their education. Many are preparing for transfer to one of Florida`s state universities. Others are learning the skills they need to move directly into rewarding careers in healthcare, public safety, information technology and other growing fields.
The teacher population of 374 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Tallahassee Community College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||374 staff||55 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||67%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,916||$10,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,042||$5,500|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Brain Bowl, Eagle Business Society, Engineering Club, Honors Club, Philosophy Club, TCC Cheerleaders, TCC Dance Company, TCC Model United Nations
Arts and Music Programs:
African Drum and Dance Ensemble, Big Bend Community Orchestra, Capital City Band at TCC, Curtain Call, Eyrie Literary & Art Magazine, Tallahassee Civic Chorale, TCC Forensics Team, TCC Jazz Band, The Talon Newspaper, Theatre TCC!
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Nearly 79 percent of our Associate in Arts degree graduates go on to study at a state university in Florida. Many transfer to Florida State University or Florida A & M University.
- In 2018, for the second consecutive year, TCC was recognized by Zippia.com as Florida's top two-year college based on employment rates for students 10 years after graduation.
- TCC offers dozens of programs that prepare students to enter rewarding careers in healthcare, law enforcement, computer programming and other growing fields-in just a year or two, or even less.
- TCC offers many transfer options for those whose academic plans include a bachelor`s degree or higher. These include the TCC2FSU and TCC2FAMU transfer programs, plus our University Partners, which allow students to earn a bachelor's degree right here on TCC's campus.
- TCC's Learning Commons provides one-on-one and small group tutoring, as well as study rooms, open-access computers, workshops, seminars, and technology and multi-media support.
- TCC`s Career Center offers intership opportunities, professional development workshops, resume assistance and other services.
- TCC offers an Honors Program, study abroad opportunities, academic teams, and special programs such as forensics, Model United Nations, theatre and much more.
- In 2018, TCC`s Associate Degree in Nursing program was ranked #12 in Florida by RegisteredNursing.org, which compiled the rankings by analyzing R.N. exam pass rates of the 144 R.N. programs in the state.
- The TCC Eagles partipate in six intercollegiate sports: baseball, softball, men's and women's basketball, and men's and women's cross country/track.
- The TCC Eagles are the 2018 National Junior College Athletics Association Women's Basketball National Champions.
- In 2018, TCC was designated a Military Friendly College by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs Magazine.
- Tallahassee is great place to live and learn. So many elements come together in Tallahassee to create a city that`s unique. Tallahassee is definitely a college town, with more than 60,000 students studying at Florida State University, Florida A&M University and Tallahassee Community College. It`s also the state capital-home to Florida`s government and the center of its politics. Tallahassee`s southern charm welcomes students from around the state and around the world, and the region`s natural beauty and biodiversity offers year-round opportunities to create lasting memories.
The nearest community college to Tallahassee Community College is Bainbridge State College (33.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,470 students | 33.60 Mi2500 E Shotwell St
Bainbridge, GA 39819
(866) 825-1715 33.602,470
- 4,637 students | 37.20 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville, GA 31792
(229) 225-4096 37.204,637
- 1,243 students | 54.80 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison, FL 32340
(850) 973-2288 54.801,243
- 2,081 students | 58.10 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna, FL 32446
(850) 526-2761 58.102,081
- 2,071 students | 62.50 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie, GA 31788
(229) 891-7000 62.502,071
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?