Tallahassee Community College
- Tallahassee Community College is one of the nation`s top community colleges. Every semester, more than 12,000 students choose TCC as the next step in their education. Many are preparing for transfer to one of Florida`s state universities. Others are learning the skills they need to move directly into rewarding careers in healthcare, public safety, information technology and other growing fields.
|Tallahassee Community College||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||- staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||12,400 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,952 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,448 students||655 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,100||$30,300|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||79%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$10,250||$11,875|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$5,750||$6,334|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Black Student Union, Brain Bowl, Eagle Business Society, Engineering Club, Honors Club, Philosophy Club, TCC Cheerleaders, TCC Dance Company, TCC Model United Nations
Arts and Music Programs:
African Drum and Dance Ensemble, Big Bend Community Orchestra, Capital City Band at TCC, Curtain Call, Eyrie Literary & Art Magazine, Tallahassee Civic Chorale, TCC Forensics Team, TCC Jazz Band, The Talon Newspaper, Theatre TCC!
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Nearly 79 percent of our Associate in Arts degree graduates go on to study at a state university in Florida. Many transfer to Florida State University or Florida A & M University.
- In 2018, for the second consecutive year, TCC was recognized by Zippia.com as Florida's top two-year college based on employment rates for students 10 years after graduation.
- TCC offers dozens of programs that prepare students to enter rewarding careers in healthcare, law enforcement, computer programming and other growing fields-in just a year or two, or even less.
- TCC offers many transfer options for those whose academic plans include a bachelor`s degree or higher. These include the TCC2FSU and TCC2FAMU transfer programs, plus our University Partners, which allow students to earn a bachelor's degree right here on TCC's campus.
- TCC's Learning Commons provides one-on-one and small group tutoring, as well as study rooms, open-access computers, workshops, seminars, and technology and multi-media support.
- TCC`s Career Center offers intership opportunities, professional development workshops, resume assistance and other services.
- TCC offers an Honors Program, study abroad opportunities, academic teams, and special programs such as forensics, Model United Nations, theatre and much more.
- In 2018, TCC`s Associate Degree in Nursing program was ranked #12 in Florida by RegisteredNursing.org, which compiled the rankings by analyzing R.N. exam pass rates of the 144 R.N. programs in the state.
- The TCC Eagles partipate in six intercollegiate sports: baseball, softball, men's and women's basketball, and men's and women's cross country/track.
- The TCC Eagles are the 2018 National Junior College Athletics Association Women's Basketball National Champions.
- In 2018, TCC was designated a Military Friendly College by Victory Media, publisher of G.I. Jobs Magazine.
- Tallahassee is great place to live and learn. So many elements come together in Tallahassee to create a city that`s unique. Tallahassee is definitely a college town, with more than 60,000 students studying at Florida State University, Florida A&M University and Tallahassee Community College. It`s also the state capital-home to Florida`s government and the center of its politics. Tallahassee`s southern charm welcomes students from around the state and around the world, and the region`s natural beauty and biodiversity offers year-round opportunities to create lasting memories.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Tallahassee Community College is Bainbridge State College (34.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,470 students | 34.10 Mi2500 E Shotwell St
Bainbridge,  GA  39819
- 1,541 students | 37.30 Mi15689 US Hwy 19 North
Thomasville,  GA  31792
- 1,243 students | 54.80 Mi325 NW Turner Davis Dr
Madison,  FL  32340
- 2,080 students | 58.10 Mi3094 Indian Circle
Marianna,  FL  32446
- 2,071 students | 62.30 Mi800 Veterans Parkway North
Moultrie,  GA  31788
Combine underwater adventures with scientific discoveries and crystal blue waters, and you may have a dream career as a marine biologist. Learn about how you can start your marine biology training right at community college!
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.