Austin Business College (Closed 2007)
|Austin Business College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||177 students||4,620 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Austin Business College is a training institution developed through many years of experience at both secondary and post-secondary levels. In 1971, Nelda and Jack Brock saw the need to found an institution that specialized in the training of students for preferred secretarial and information processing careers in the shortest possible time. The Brocks recognized the vast array of student backgrounds and wisely planned the curriculum that provided the students the opportunity to train expediently for office careers. On June 1, 1993, after twenty-two years as Jackie Nell Executive Secretary School, and ten years on Congress Avenue, the name and location changed. To honor the past, The Nell Institute was chosen as the new name. In December of 1996, once again the name changed, this time to Austin Business College, to reflect the new degree-granting status of the school. Austin Business College is located on the first, second, and third floors of a five-story office building on the most traveled highway in Austin. The school is attractively furnished, and the decor is cheerful and conducive to the major task of job training. The business office equipment is state-of-the-art and compares favorably with any of the modern professional offices in Austin. The campus is structured to provide air-conditioned classrooms, a student lounge area, full administrative facilities, and library space. The campus maintains 11 computer labs and 6 lecture halls. Academic Programs available at Austin Business College includes Associate of Applied Science in Accounting, Associate of Applied Science in Legal Office Management, Associate of Applied Science in Medical Office Management, Associate of Applied Science in Office Technology, Business Office Specialist Certificate, Administrative Specialist Certificate, Legal Administrative Specialist Certificate and Medical Administrative Specialist Certificate. The college is accredited to award certificates and Associate of Applied Science Degrees by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Austin Business College is Austin Community College District (2.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 40,949 students | 2.80 Mi5930 Middle Fiskville Rd
Austin, TX 78752
(512) 223-7000 2.8040,949
- 643 students | 6.60 Mi3110 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78758
(888) 553-2433 6.60643
- 129 students | 9.60 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin, TX 78727
(512) 651-4700 9.60129
- 84 students | 22.70 Mi1015 W. University Avenue, Suite 700
Georgetown, TX 78628
(512) 942-6750 22.7084
- 16,073 students | 55.80 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen, TX 76549
(254) 526-7161 55.8016,073
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.