Austin Community College District
- Austin Community College is a two-year community college providing university transfer, workforce training, continuing education, and adult basic education opportunities. The ACC District is a major contributor to the quality of life and economic prosperity of Central Texas.
- The teacher population of 950 teachers has declined by 23% over five years.
|Austin Community College District||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||950 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||40,949 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||9,040 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||31,909 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.61||0.69|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As one of only 50 community college districts in Texas, Austin Community College provides access to high-quality education at affordable tuition rates. ACC offers university transfer curriculum, technical certificate programs, two-year associate degrees, foundation skills and English as a Second Language courses, and a highly diverse Continuing Education program. Since the college's founding in 1973, ACC's faculty, staff, and administration have been dedicated to the values that distinguish ACC's unique role in higher education and make the college a critical community resource ? access to educational opportunities, affordability, quality, diversity, and strong student success services. ACC offers comprehensive academic advising and counseling services, free tutorial services in our Learning Labs, open computer labs, a variety of teaching methodologies, and a host of other support services to help students meet their goals. Austin Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.70 Mi14200 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd.
Austin,  TX  78728
- 643 students | 5.40 Mi3110 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 100
Austin,  TX  78758
- 207 students | 8.00 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin,  TX  78727
- 20,547 students | 54.50 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen,  TX  76549
- 5,200 students | 56.10 Mi2600 S 1st St
Temple,  TX  76504
November 12, 2017
Community colleges are an excellent stepping stone between high school and a four-year institution, especially for students with learning disabilities. Learn about the support programs available at community colleges that can help students thrive academically, regardless of their disabilities.
November 12, 2017
Consider some of the most popular online options at community colleges today that allow students to earn two-year degrees right from the comfort of home.
October 26, 2017
For those who want to explore a career with growth potential, we introduce several high demand jobs that can be jump-started at community college.