Austin Community College District
Austin Community College District Photo #3 - Surgical technology class at the ACC Round Rock campus.
Austin Community College District Photo #4 - Radio Television and Film class at the ACC Northridge campus.
Austin Community College District Photo #7 - Auto Collision Repair & Refinishing Technology class at the ACC South Austin campus.
Austin Community College District Photo #8 - ACC students, faculty and staff during Austin PRIDE Parade 2017.
Austin Community College District Photo #9 - ACC spring 2017 commencement at the Frank Erwin center.
- Austin Community College is a two-year community college providing university transfer, workforce training, continuing education, and adult basic education opportunities. The ACC District is a major contributor to the quality of life and economic prosperity of Central Texas.
Austin Community College District places among the top 20% of community colleges in Texas for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 950 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Austin Community College District||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||950 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||40,949 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||9,040 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||31,909 students||2,866 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$38,900||$33,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- As one of only 50 community college districts in Texas, Austin Community College provides access to high-quality education at affordable tuition rates. ACC offers university transfer curriculum, technical certificate programs, two-year associate degrees, foundation skills and English as a Second Language courses, and a highly diverse Continuing Education program. Since the college's founding in 1973, ACC's faculty, staff, and administration have been dedicated to the values that distinguish ACC's unique role in higher education and make the college a critical community resource ? access to educational opportunities, affordability, quality, diversity, and strong student success services. ACC offers comprehensive academic advising and counseling services, free tutorial services in our Learning Labs, open computer labs, a variety of teaching methodologies, and a host of other support services to help students meet their goals. Austin Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Austin Community College District is Virginia College-Austin (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 0.70 Mi14200 N Interstate 35 Frontage Rd.
Austin,  TX  78728
- 643 students | 5.40 Mi3110 Esperanza Crossing, Suite 100
Austin,  TX  78758
- 207 students | 8.00 Mi13801 Burnet Road, Suite 300
Austin,  TX  78727
- 20,547 students | 54.50 Mi6200 West Central Texas Expressway
Killeen,  TX  76549
- 5,200 students | 56.10 Mi2600 S 1st St
Temple,  TX  76504
Take advantage of career opportunities in the field of radio broadcasting by starting your training at your local community college.
Being a single parent is difficult (and expensive) but it shouldn't stop you from furthering your education. Read on to learn how to pay for community college as a single parent.
If you're preparing to apply to college, use your summer wisely and complete a few college visits. Read on to learn how to plan and how to get the most from each visit.