Arkansas Northeastern College
- Arkansas Northeastern College seeks ways in which the College can provide for the continued development of, and expansion of, the College district as a learning community. Toward this goal, Arkansas Northeastern offers the first two years of a traditional college education transferable to a four-year college or university; job-entry training and occupational preparation programs as well as technical programs.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas Northeastern College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,425 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||538 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||887 students||926 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,100||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Arkansas Northeastern College seeks ways in which the College can provide for the continued development of, and expansion of, the College district as a learning community. Toward this goal, Arkansas Northeastern offers the first two years of a traditional college education transferable to a four-year college or university; job-entry training and occupational preparation programs as well as technical programs. Created in 1977, the ANC Foundation is one of the most successful two-year college foundations in the state. It is directed by a Board of Governors with interest in providing Arkansas Northeastern College financial assistance. The Foundation directly helps students through a large pool of privately funded scholarships. Arkansas Northeastern College is proud to offer distance education as a learning option for its students. At Arkansas Northeastern College, distance education is offered primarily in two formats, compressed video courses and internet courses.
- The nearest community college to Arkansas Northeastern College is Dyersburg State Community College (31.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,847 students | 31.10 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg,  TN  38024
- 230 students | 39.00 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
- 249 students | 52.50 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 1,170 students | 52.90 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 10,227 students | 53.00 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.