Arkansas Northeastern College
- Arkansas Northeastern College seeks ways in which the College can provide for the continued development of, and expansion of, the College district as a learning community. Toward this goal, Arkansas Northeastern offers the first two years of a traditional college education transferable to a four-year college or university; job-entry training and occupational preparation programs as well as technical programs.
- The teacher population of 62 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Arkansas Northeastern College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||62 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,425 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||538 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||887 students||926 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,100||$28,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Arkansas Northeastern College seeks ways in which the College can provide for the continued development of, and expansion of, the College district as a learning community. Toward this goal, Arkansas Northeastern offers the first two years of a traditional college education transferable to a four-year college or university; job-entry training and occupational preparation programs as well as technical programs. Created in 1977, the ANC Foundation is one of the most successful two-year college foundations in the state. It is directed by a Board of Governors with interest in providing Arkansas Northeastern College financial assistance. The Foundation directly helps students through a large pool of privately funded scholarships. Arkansas Northeastern College is proud to offer distance education as a learning option for its students. At Arkansas Northeastern College, distance education is offered primarily in two formats, compressed video courses and internet courses.
- The nearest community college to Arkansas Northeastern College is Dyersburg State Community College (31.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,977 students | 31.30 Mi1510 Lake Rd
Dyersburg,  TN  38024
- 230 students | 38.90 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
- 249 students | 52.40 Mi1200 Poplar Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 1,170 students | 52.80 Mi1003 Monroe Ave
Memphis,  TN  38104
- 10,227 students | 52.90 Mi737 Union Avenue
Memphis,  TN  38103
Learn about the growing trend amongst four-year universities to recruit from community college campuses. Enjoy an academic head start and a competitive edge against other applicants by starting first at community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.