Crowley's Ridge College
Crowley's Ridge College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Arkansas for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 17 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Crowley's Ridge College||(AR) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||17 staff||62 staff|
|Total Enrollment||230 students||1,650 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||202 students||724 students|
|# Part-Time Students||28 students||926 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||122||94|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,900||$28,600|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- CRC is a private, four-year church affiliated, but autonomous, co-ed liberal arts college. CRC is located in Paragould, Arkansas, near the crest of Crowley's Ridge. The scenic campus covers 112 acres of rolling hills densely covered by pine trees. CRC was founded in 1964. For roughly its first decade, CRC operated under the same governing board as Crowley's Ridge Academy, a K-12 Christian academy established in 1953. In 1975, the two institutions legally separated and now operate under separate charters and boards. Crowley's Ridge College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association and has received the highest possible status regarding the institution.
- The nearest community college to Crowley's Ridge College is Black River Technical College (23.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,963 students | 23.70 Mi1410 Hwy 304 East
Pocahontas,  AR  72455
- 1,425 students | 39.00 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville,  AR  72316
- 2,477 students | 44.90 Mi7648 Victory Blvd
Newport,  AR  72112
- 4,201 students | 49.80 Mi2080 Three Rivers Blvd
Poplar Bluff,  MO  63901
- 1,315 students | 60.80 Mi2005 White Drive
Batesville,  AR  72503
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.