Dyersburg State Community College
- Dyersburg State Community College is one of 45 institutions in the Tennessee Board of Regents system, the sixth largest system of higher education in the nation. The Tennessee Board of Regents is the governing board for this system which is comprised of six universities, thirteen two-year colleges, and twenty-six Tennessee Technology centers. The TBR system enrolls more than 80 percent of all Tennessee students attending public institutions of higher education.
- The teacher population of 93 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Dyersburg State Community College||(TN) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||93 staff||29 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,847 students||631 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,141 students||369 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,706 students||262 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,000||$29,400|
- Since we opened in 1969 we have worked continuously to improve access to and the quality of a higher education in northwest Tennessee. New centers opened in Gibson and Tipton Counties in 1991 and 1996, respectively. Classes were offered off-campus using interactive television beginning in 1993. Now College at Home classes allow asynchronous learning using the Internet. Dyersburg State Community College offers Associate of Science and Associate of Arts degrees for transfer to four-year institutions, Associate of Applied Science degrees, as well as technical and academic certificates, Developmental Studies Program, an Honors Program, Continuing Education Program, seamless transition among institutions through articulation agreements with area high schools, Tennessee Technology Centers, and four-year institutions, a variety of student support services, increased access to education via technology-assisted instruction, distance learning offerings, and course offerings at convenient locations at the Gibson County Center, the Jimmy Naifeh Center at Tipton County, and the Obion County Technical Training and Education Center. Spread across the tree-filled 100-acre campus of Dyersburg State Community College are the E. B. Eller Administration Building, the Dale F. Glover Education Center, the Student Center, the Learning Resource Center, the E. H. Lannom, Jr. Gymnasium and the Maintenance Building. Dyersburg State Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Dyersburg State Community College is Arkansas Northeastern College (31.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,425 students | 31.10 Mi2501 S Division
Blytheville,  AR  72316
- 211 students | 41.70 Mi1186 Highway 45 Bypass
Jackson,  TN  38301
- 4,924 students | 44.20 Mi2046 North Pky
Jackson,  TN  38301
- 230 students | 66.60 Mi100 College Dr
Paragould,  AR  72450
- 1,310 students | 70.50 Mi5100 Poplar Avenue, Suite 132
Memphis,  TN  38137