- ASCC was established in 1970 to provide post-secondary education opportunities in the liberal arts, teacher training, vocational-technical education and general education to the residents of American Samoa. ASCC offers Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees, as well as Certificate programs in a variety of academic and technical areas. ASCC is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Enrollment: 1,081 students
- In-state tuition: $3,550
- Out-state tuition: $3,600
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 99%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- ASCC is located on Tutuila, the largest of American Samoa's seven islands in the village of Mapusaga, nine miles west of Pago Pago, the territory's center of trade and commerce. American Samoa lies about 2,500 miles southwest of Hawaii and 1,800 miles northeast of New Zealand. Tutuila comprises approximately three-fourths of American Samoa's 76 square miles and is home to 90% of its population of nearly 60,000. The other six islands are Aunu'u, Ofu, Olosega, Ta'u, Swains and Rose Atoll. Academic Programs offered at American Samoa Community College includes Agriculture and Life Science, Mathematics, Art, Music and Drama, Nursing, Business, Physical Education, College and Life Planning, Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC), Criminal Justice, Samoan Language and Culture, Education, Science, English Language Institute, Social Sciences, Health and Human Services, Trades and Technology and Languages and Literature. The Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredit the American Samoa Community College.