- Learning is our passion. As Northwest Wisconsinï¿½s leader in technical education, WITC creates dynamic opportunities for career preparation and personal effectiveness. We are committed to making each and every experience with us meaningful and professional.
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College serves 2,818 students (33% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 5:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 10% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 25%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,818 students
- In-state tuition: $4,448
- Out-state tuition: $6,463
- Student:teacher ratio: 5:1
- Minority enrollment: 10%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Wisconsin for:
The teacher population of 533 teachers has grown by 80% over five years.
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
(WI) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College has declined by 6% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 5:1 has decreased from 6:1 over five years.
The Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College diversity score of 0.19 is less than the state average of 0.42. The school's diversity has grown by 5% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $4,448 is more than the state average of $4,173. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $6,463 is more than the state average of $6,317. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- WITC is the college of choice for students who wish to pursue associate degrees or technical diplomas, and for those presently employed who wish to advance in their careers through continuing education. In many cases, area employers contract with the college for customized training consisting of specific courses that are developed and taught by WITC instructors at an employer's work site. The college offers 53 technical career programs. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is a part of the Wisconsin Technical College System, with four campus locations (Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake and Superior), two branch locations (Hayward and Ladysmith), a Learning Center in Spooner, and our administrative headquarters in Shell Lake. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant degrees and certificates.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College cost?
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College's tuition is approximately $4,448 for In-State students and $6,463 for Out-State students.
What is Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College's ranking?
Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Wisconsin for: Highest completion rates.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.