Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
- Learning is our passion. As Northwest Wisconsin’s leader in technical education, WITC creates dynamic opportunities for career preparation and personal effectiveness. We are committed to making each and every experience with us meaningful and professional.
- The teacher population of 296 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||296 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,045 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,221 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,824 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- WITC is the college of choice for students who wish to pursue associate degrees or technical diplomas, and for those presently employed who wish to advance in their careers through continuing education. In many cases, area employers contract with the college for customized training consisting of specific courses that are developed and taught by WITC instructors at an employer's work site. The college offers 53 technical career programs. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is a part of the Wisconsin Technical College System, with four campus locations (Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake and Superior), two branch locations (Hayward and Ladysmith), a Learning Center in Spooner, and our administrative headquarters in Shell Lake. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant degrees and certificates.
- The nearest community college to Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is Pine Technical & Community College (51.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,083 students | 51.00 Mi900 4th St SE
Pine City,  MN  55063
- 6,074 students | 68.80 Mi620 W Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire,  WI  54701
- 143 students | 69.60 Mi4724 Mike Colalillo Drive
Duluth,  MN  55807
- 9,478 students | 71.10 Mi3300 Century Ave N
Saint Paul,  MN  55110
- 153 students | 71.70 Mi4955 Bullis Farm Rd
Eau Claire,  WI  54701
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.