Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College
- Learning is our passion. As Northwest Wisconsin’s leader in technical education, WITC creates dynamic opportunities for career preparation and personal effectiveness. We are committed to making each and every experience with us meaningful and professional.
- The teacher population of 296 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||296 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,045 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,221 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,824 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$34,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- WITC is the college of choice for students who wish to pursue associate degrees or technical diplomas, and for those presently employed who wish to advance in their careers through continuing education. In many cases, area employers contract with the college for customized training consisting of specific courses that are developed and taught by WITC instructors at an employer's work site. The college offers 53 technical career programs. Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is a part of the Wisconsin Technical College System, with four campus locations (Ashland, New Richmond, Rice Lake and Superior), two branch locations (Hayward and Ladysmith), a Learning Center in Spooner, and our administrative headquarters in Shell Lake. The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission to grant degrees and certificates.
- The nearest community college to Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College is Pine Technical & Community College (51.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,083 students | 51.00 Mi900 4th St SE
Pine City,  MN  55063
- 6,074 students | 68.80 Mi620 W Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire,  WI  54701
- 143 students | 69.60 Mi4724 Mike Colalillo Drive
Duluth,  MN  55807
- 9,478 students | 71.10 Mi3300 Century Ave N
Saint Paul,  MN  55110
- 153 students | 71.70 Mi4955 Bullis Farm Rd
Eau Claire,  WI  54701
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.