Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Chippewa Valley Technical College delivers superior, progressive technical education which improves the lives of students, meets the workforce needs of the region, and strengthens the larger community.
- The teacher population of 304 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||304 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,074 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,299 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,775 students||2,229 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,800||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Chippewa Valley Technical College is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System located in the state of Wisconsin serving an eleven-county area. The largest campus is located in Eau Claire with major regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state. Chippewa Valley Technical College has state-of-the-art curriculum, facilities, and equipment. Our learning centers are modeled after the best in the world and are so real they could be pressed into service if necessary. Our new Health Education Center, for example, was designed by world class architects who design the latest medical centers around the country. Our new Nanoscience Technology program not only is one of two in the country but it comes complete with clean room facilities and cutting edge equipment, and, it will be used to incubate new advanced technology industries in the region. Our campuses are conveniently located to most regions of our district and our online programming can help you juggle the busy lifestyles of the 21st century. The college offers Associate Degree and Technical Diploma Programs.
- The nearest community college to Chippewa Valley Technical College is Globe University-Eau Claire (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 153 students | 4.20 Mi4955 Bullis Farm Rd
Eau Claire,  WI  54701
- 2,177 students | 53.40 Mi1250 Homer Rd
Winona,  MN  55987
- 4,630 students | 68.80 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
- 3,045 students | 68.80 Mi505 Pine Ridge Drive
Shell Lake,  WI  54871
- 183 students | 70.00 Mi2521 Pennington Drive NW
Rochester,  MN  55901
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.