Western Iowa Tech Community College
- The teacher population of 235 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Western Iowa Tech Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||235 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,331 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,459 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,872 students||1,530 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,000||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western Iowa Tech Community College main campus is located on 143 acres on the far eastern edge of Sioux City, Iowa. We also have rural campuses in Cherokee and Denison, with additional learning centers in LeMars and Mapleton. Western Iowa Tech Community College has over 70 programs to get you going. Whether you want to take a couple of classes, get a degree and transfer to another college, or get started with a career, WITCC is the best place to start. Choose from a wide range of programs ranging from Accounting and Office Support to Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator from History (Transfer) to Skill Enhancement. Western Iowa Tech is committed to the student experience. Besides the clubs that are supported by the college, there are planned activities that students can participate in throughout the year. These can range from movie night in the community room at the dorms to ski trips and shopping trips to karaoke in the cafeteria. Our Student Activities Coordinator works hard to make sure that your experience at WITCC is not only educational, but fun as well. The Student Success Center is located in the Learning Achievement Center with the Library Services, Open Computer Lab, TRIO SSS, and Adult Basic Education.
- The nearest community college to Western Iowa Tech Community College is St Luke's College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 254 students | 4.00 Mi2720 Stone Park Blvd
Sioux City,  IA  51104
- 1,568 students | 54.20 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 5,008 students | 61.30 Mi801 E. Benjamin Avenue
Norfolk,  NE  68701
- 138 students | 73.80 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 2,332 students | 78.50 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.