Western Iowa Tech Community College
Western Iowa Tech Community College Photo #3 - Bur Oak Suites is one of 3 on-campus housing complexes for students to live near by, conveniently and affordably. Complexes include Sun Ridge Apartments, Bur Oak Suites & Prairie Place Suites.
- The teacher population of 235 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Western Iowa Tech Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||235 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,331 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,459 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,872 students||1,530 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,000||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western Iowa Tech Community College main campus is located on 143 acres on the far eastern edge of Sioux City, Iowa. We also have rural campuses in Cherokee and Denison, with additional learning centers in LeMars and Mapleton. Western Iowa Tech Community College has over 70 programs to get you going. Whether you want to take a couple of classes, get a degree and transfer to another college, or get started with a career, WITCC is the best place to start. Choose from a wide range of programs ranging from Accounting and Office Support to Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Operator from History (Transfer) to Skill Enhancement. Western Iowa Tech is committed to the student experience. Besides the clubs that are supported by the college, there are planned activities that students can participate in throughout the year. These can range from movie night in the community room at the dorms to ski trips and shopping trips to karaoke in the cafeteria. Our Student Activities Coordinator works hard to make sure that your experience at WITCC is not only educational, but fun as well. The Student Success Center is located in the Learning Achievement Center with the Library Services, Open Computer Lab, TRIO SSS, and Adult Basic Education.
- The nearest community college to Western Iowa Tech Community College is St Luke's College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 254 students | 4.00 Mi2720 Stone Park Blvd
Sioux City,  IA  51104
- 1,568 students | 54.20 Mi603 W Park St
Sheldon,  IA  51201
- 5,008 students | 61.30 Mi801 E. Benjamin Avenue
Norfolk,  NE  68701
- 595 students | 73.70 Mi5801 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 138 students | 73.80 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.