Northwest Iowa Community College
- Northwest Iowa Community College is a progressive learning college rapidly responding to the changing needs of our global community.
- Enrollment: 1,777 students
- In-state tuition: $5,460
- Out-state tuition: $5,850
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 30%
- Source: Verified school update
Northwest Iowa Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The College is located on a 263 acre campus along Highway 18 on the west side of Sheldon. Sheldon, Iowa is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 60 and Iowa State Highway 18 in the far northwest part of the state. Sheldon is located one hour from Sioux City, IA, and Sioux Falls, SD; and less than four hours from Des Moines, IA, and Minneapolis, MN. Northwest Iowa Community College serves Area IV in northwest Iowa, including Lyon, Osceola, Sioux, O'Brien and Cherokee counties. There are over 30 programs of study at NCC, including Arts & Science transfer and programs covering manufacturing, electrical, automotive, computers, business, and health. NCC also offers non-credit continuing education and training for business and industry. Northwest Iowa Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Iowa Department of Education, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.