Northwest Iowa Community College
Northwest Iowa Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 67 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Northwest Iowa Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||67 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,568 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||575 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||993 students||1,530 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||285|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,300||$36,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College is located on a 263 acre campus along Highway 18 on the west side of Sheldon. Sheldon, Iowa is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 60 and Iowa State Highway 18 in the far northwest part of the state. Sheldon is located one hour from Sioux City, IA, and Sioux Falls, SD; and less than four hours from Des Moines, IA, and Minneapolis, MN. Northwest Iowa Community College serves Area IV in northwest Iowa, including Lyon, Osceola, Sioux, O'Brien and Cherokee counties. There are over 30 programs of study at NCC, including Arts & Science transfer and programs covering manufacturing, electrical, automotive, computers, business, and health. NCC also offers non-credit continuing education and training for business and industry. Northwest Iowa Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Iowa Department of Education, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
- The nearest community college to Northwest Iowa Community College is Globe University-Sioux Falls (50.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 138 students | 50.50 Mi5101 S Broadband Ln
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 595 students | 50.50 Mi5801 South Corporate Place
Sioux Falls,  SD  57108
- 2,332 students | 52.50 Mi2320 N Career Ave
Sioux Falls,  SD  57107
- 254 students | 53.20 Mi2720 Stone Park Blvd
Sioux City,  IA  51104
- 6,331 students | 54.20 Mi4647 Stone Ave
Sioux City,  IA  51106
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.