Northwest Iowa Community College Photo #2 - NCC staff is ready to help you through every step of your admissions process.
Northwest Iowa Community College Photo #5 - NCC's Automotive and Diesel lab areas recently underwent a complete renovation.
Northwest Iowa Community College Photo #6 - Powerline is one of the "1 of a kind in the state" programs offered at Northwest Iowa Community College!
- Northwest Iowa Community College is a progressive learning college rapidly responding to the changing needs of our global community.
Northwest Iowa Community College serves 1,666 students (36% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 26%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 1,666 students
- In-state tuition: $5,460
- Out-state tuition: $5,850
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Verified school update
Northwest Iowa Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Iowa for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 148 teachers has grown by 120% over five years.
Northwest Iowa Community College
(IA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Northwest Iowa Community College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Northwest Iowa Community College diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.44. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,460 is more than the state average of $4,331. The in-state tuition has declined by 7% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $5,850 is more than the state average of $4,920. The out-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- The College is located on a 263 acre campus along Highway 18 on the west side of Sheldon. Sheldon, Iowa is located at the intersection of U.S. Highway 60 and Iowa State Highway 18 in the far northwest part of the state. Sheldon is located one hour from Sioux City, IA, and Sioux Falls, SD; and less than four hours from Des Moines, IA, and Minneapolis, MN. Northwest Iowa Community College serves Area IV in northwest Iowa, including Lyon, Osceola, Sioux, O'Brien and Cherokee counties. There are over 30 programs of study at NCC, including Arts & Science transfer and programs covering manufacturing, electrical, automotive, computers, business, and health. NCC also offers non-credit continuing education and training for business and industry. Northwest Iowa Community College is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the Iowa Department of Education, The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Northwest Iowa Community College cost?
Northwest Iowa Community College's tuition is approximately $5,460 for In-State students and $5,850 for Out-State students.
What is Northwest Iowa Community College's ranking?
Northwest Iowa Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Iowa for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation), Highest completion rates and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.