- West Hills College Coalinga strives to become a premiere interactive learner-centered community college recognized for its contribution to the educational, social, cultural, and economic vitality of the region and the state.
- Enrollment: 4,229 students
- In-state tuition: $1,380
- Out-state tuition: $8,490
- Student:teacher ratio: 24:1
- Minority enrollment: 88%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- West Hills College Coalinga (WHCC) is a member of the 109-campus California community college system. Several transformations have occurred in the past 73 years as the college has transitioned from an extension center to an independent institution to one of two colleges in the West Hills Community College District (WHCCD). WHCC is located in southwest Fresno County on State Highways 33 and 198, approximately twelve miles west of Interstate 5, almost midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The population for Coalinga is 11,668. The college also serves the rural communities of Huron, Mendota, Firebaugh, San Joaquin, Tranquillity, and Avenal. The college is located on a forty-acre campus, has a 137-acre campus farm, a 230-acre new farm, and one off-campus center in Firebaugh, approximately 55 miles northeast of Coalinga. The main college campus has two residence halls housing 180 students, and offers an extensive transportation system utilizing mini-vans. North District Center(NDC) provides student support services that relate directly to the college's mission and demonstrate the institution's commitment to providing student-centered learning opportunities for the center's diverse population. NDC provides Disabled Student Programs and Services (DSPS), Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS), College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP), and a Mini-Corps program, as well as the traditional admissions, records, counseling, advising, financial aid, learning communities, learning resources, student activities, and cultural events to assist and educate its students. At West Hills College Coalinga you will receive a personal education from faculty and staff who have a deep understanding of and commitment to academic excellence. We offer a strong broad-based liberal arts curriculum; a variety of occupational training programs to strengthen local, regional, and statewide economic needs; a basic skills development core which prepares students for success; and an excellent residential campus experience not found in many two-year colleges.