San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (559) 453-0123
- San Joaquin Valley College’s (SJVC) Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) program gives you the skills and technical knowledge to perform aircraft, airframe and powerplant overhaul. Hands-on training in the hangar includes maintenance, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of powerplant systems and components. SJVC's Aviation Maintenance Technology courses are available at our special Aviation Campus in Fresno, California. Located by the Fresno Yosemite International Airport this program has students on-site and getting hands-on experience working on aircrafts.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||145 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$19,180||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$8,750||$4,750|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation is Fresno City College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 24,366 students | 4.00 Mi1101 E. University Ave
Fresno,  CA  93741
(559) 442-4600 4.0024,366
- 1,133 students | 4.20 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis,  CA  93612
(559) 297-4500 4.201,133
- n/a students | 4.80 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93710
(559) 448-8282 4.80n/a
- 7,765 students | 7.50 Mi10309 North Willow Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93730
(559) 325-5200 7.507,765
- 11,189 students | 19.10 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
(559) 638-0300 19.1011,189
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.
Can pre-teens enroll in community college? A 12-year-old in Florida recently went to court when the local community college wouldn’t allow her to dual-enroll because she was too young. In California, a child prodigy is about to graduate from UCLA after starting at community college at the age of eight.
Explore a proposal by the governor of Massachusetts to coordinate the state’s 15 community colleges. There are strong feelings on both sides of the issue to consider.