San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation
- San Joaquin Valley College’s (SJVC) Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) program gives you the skills and technical knowledge to perform aircraft, airframe and powerplant overhaul. Hands-on training in the hangar includes maintenance, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of powerplant systems and components. SJVC's Aviation Maintenance Technology courses are available at our special Aviation Campus in Fresno, California. Located by the Fresno Yosemite International Airport this program has students on-site and getting hands-on experience working on aircrafts.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,613 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$19,180||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$8,750||$4,750|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation is Fresno City College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 22,307 students | 4.00 Mi1101 E. University Ave
Fresno,  CA  93741
- 1,509 students | 4.20 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis,  CA  93612
- n/a students | 4.80 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93710
- 14,633 students | 19.10 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
- 3,976 students | 33.90 Mi555 College Avenue
Lemoore,  CA  93245
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.