San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation
Tel: (559) 453-0123
- San Joaquin Valley College’s (SJVC) Aviation Maintenance Technology (AMT) program gives you the skills and technical knowledge to perform aircraft, airframe and powerplant overhaul. Hands-on training in the hangar includes maintenance, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of powerplant systems and components. SJVC's Aviation Maintenance Technology courses are available at our special Aviation Campus in Fresno, California. Located by the Fresno Yosemite International Airport this program has students on-site and getting hands-on experience working on aircrafts.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||- staff||97 staff|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||93%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$19,180||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$8,750||$4,750|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Fresno Aviation is Fresno City College (4.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 22,307 students | 4.00 Mi1101 E. University Ave
Fresno,  CA  93741
(559) 442-4600 4.0022,307
- 1,509 students | 4.20 Mi564 W Herndon
Clovis,  CA  93612
(559) 297-4500 4.201,509
- n/a students | 4.80 Mi295 East Sierra Avenue
Fresno,  CA  93710
(559) 448-8282 4.80n/a
- 14,633 students | 19.10 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
(559) 638-3641 19.1014,633
- 3,976 students | 33.90 Mi555 College Avenue
Lemoore,  CA  93245
(559) 925-3000 33.903,976
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!