Virginia Marti College of Art and Design
- Virginia Marti College is an accelerated college focused on preparing talented students for highly successful careers in art and design. If advanced training in Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, or Multimedia is of interest to you, visit Virginia Marti College.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Virginia Marti College of Art and Design||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||166 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||104 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||62 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Virgina Marti Veith is a woman with a legacy of clothing appreciation behind her. Virginia sought to gain the highest quality understanding of fashion design at the age of 25. Her quest took her to Paris, where she spent an entire year learning to make clothing not by pattern, but specific to body measurements. At the end of this quest, Virginia returned to Ohio and opened Virginia Marti Bridal, a home to her personalized style where she created bridal gowns. Out of this realization and this need for more advanced talent, Virginia Marti College of Art and Design began. In its first year, 1966, the school had five students enrolled in the class of Fashion Design. By 1970 the school had opened its first full-time day program, an Associate Degree Program for Fashion Design. In 1979 Fashion Merchandising was added, Interior Design in 1984 and Graphic Design in 1985. Most recently, Virginia Marti College added a Multimedia Design major to the curriculum. Virginia Marti College offers a variety of programs in Graphics- Graphic Design and Multimedia; Fashion- Fashion Merchandising and Fashion Design and Interiors- Interior Design. Students accepted to Virginia Marti College will receive the benefit of a culturally diverse atmosphere and a learning environment focused on the individual, not the masses. Our two-year programs prepare students for entry-level positions in a variety of industries. Each program centers on the needs specific to the careers that our students are seeking. Creativity and individualized thinking are the focus of all of our programs. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Virginia Marti College of Art and Design is Cuyahoga Community College District (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 27,084 students | 4.50 Mi700 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland,  OH  44115
- 2,100 students | 4.80 Mi1776 E 17th St
Cleveland,  OH  44114
- 475 students | 5.50 Mi3121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland,  OH  44115
- 541 students | 5.50 Mi12955 Snow Rd
Cleveland,  OH  44130
- 1,119 students | 6.30 Mi1374 E 51st St
Cleveland,  OH  44103
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.