Virginia Marti College of Art and Design
- Virginia Marti College is an accelerated college focused on preparing talented students for highly successful careers in art and design. If advanced training in Graphic Design, Interior Design, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, or Multimedia is of interest to you, visit Virginia Marti College.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Virginia Marti College of Art and Design||(OH) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||35 staff|
|Total Enrollment||166 students||734 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||104 students||450 students|
|# Part-Time Students||62 students||284 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$30,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Virgina Marti Veith is a woman with a legacy of clothing appreciation behind her. Virginia sought to gain the highest quality understanding of fashion design at the age of 25. Her quest took her to Paris, where she spent an entire year learning to make clothing not by pattern, but specific to body measurements. At the end of this quest, Virginia returned to Ohio and opened Virginia Marti Bridal, a home to her personalized style where she created bridal gowns. Out of this realization and this need for more advanced talent, Virginia Marti College of Art and Design began. In its first year, 1966, the school had five students enrolled in the class of Fashion Design. By 1970 the school had opened its first full-time day program, an Associate Degree Program for Fashion Design. In 1979 Fashion Merchandising was added, Interior Design in 1984 and Graphic Design in 1985. Most recently, Virginia Marti College added a Multimedia Design major to the curriculum. Virginia Marti College offers a variety of programs in Graphics- Graphic Design and Multimedia; Fashion- Fashion Merchandising and Fashion Design and Interiors- Interior Design. Students accepted to Virginia Marti College will receive the benefit of a culturally diverse atmosphere and a learning environment focused on the individual, not the masses. Our two-year programs prepare students for entry-level positions in a variety of industries. Each program centers on the needs specific to the careers that our students are seeking. Creativity and individualized thinking are the focus of all of our programs. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
- The nearest community college to Virginia Marti College of Art and Design is Cuyahoga Community College District (4.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 27,084 students | 4.50 Mi700 Carnegie Ave
Cleveland,  OH  44115
- 2,100 students | 4.80 Mi1776 E 17th St
Cleveland,  OH  44114
- 193 students | 5.00 Mi6400 Rockside Road
Independence,  OH  44131
- 475 students | 5.50 Mi3121 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland,  OH  44115
- 541 students | 5.50 Mi12955 Snow Rd
Cleveland,  OH  44130
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.