State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota
- Manatee Community College (MCC), with the main campus based in Bradenton, Florida, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science and Associate in Science degrees as well as Certificate program offerings. Noncredit education is offered under MCC's Corporate & Community Development programs.
The teacher population of 559 teachers has grown by 101% over five years.
|State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||559 staff||128 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC offers credit and noncredit education including eLearning. Academic degrees include the Associate in Arts, the Associate in Applied Science and the Associate in Science. Noncredit education is offered under Corporate & Community Development. At Manatee Community College, every faculty and staff member has an impact on the quality of the College's educational experience. As such, the College offers its faculty and staff many resources in order to create a warm and supportive work environment. If you are a current MCC employee, you may find the links listed below helpful. More than 50 percent of the college bound high school students in Manatee and Sarasota counties attend MCC each year, with current enrollment nearly 11,000 students. MCC is among the top 100 producers of associate's degrees in the country. Students attend classes at two full-service campuses in Bradenton and Venice, the Center for Innovation and Technology at Lakewood Ranch, many business and public sector sites throughout the community, and from their homes via eLearning opportunities.
The nearest community college to State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota is Galen College of Nursing-Tampa Bay (30.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,613 students | 30.30 Mi10200 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
(727) 577-1497 30.301,613
- 207 students | 32.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 531-5900 32.80207
- 28,853 students | 33.10 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 341-4772 33.1028,853
- 22,404 students | 35.10 Mi39 Columbia Drive
Tampa, FL 33606
(813) 253-7000 35.1022,404
- 365 students | 38.80 Mi3319 W Hillsborough Ave
Tampa, FL 33614
(813) 879-6000 38.80365
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.