State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota
- Manatee Community College (MCC), with the main campus based in Bradenton, Florida, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science and Associate in Science degrees as well as Certificate program offerings. Noncredit education is offered under MCC's Corporate & Community Development programs.
- The teacher population of 239 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||239 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,314 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,173 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,141 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,200||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC offers credit and noncredit education including eLearning. Academic degrees include the Associate in Arts, the Associate in Applied Science and the Associate in Science. Noncredit education is offered under Corporate & Community Development. At Manatee Community College, every faculty and staff member has an impact on the quality of the College's educational experience. As such, the College offers its faculty and staff many resources in order to create a warm and supportive work environment. If you are a current MCC employee, you may find the links listed below helpful. More than 50 percent of the college bound high school students in Manatee and Sarasota counties attend MCC each year, with current enrollment nearly 11,000 students. MCC is among the top 100 producers of associate's degrees in the country. Students attend classes at two full-service campuses in Bradenton and Venice, the Center for Innovation and Technology at Lakewood Ranch, many business and public sector sites throughout the community, and from their homes via eLearning opportunities.
- The nearest community college to State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota is Florida College of Natural Health-Bradenton (7.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 143 students | 7.20 Mi616 67th Street Circle East
Bradenton,  FL  34208
- 862 students | 30.30 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
- 207 students | 32.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL  33771
- 32,681 students | 33.10 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL  33760
- 439 students | 35.00 Mi1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL  33770
Learn about the growing trend amongst four-year universities to recruit from community college campuses. Enjoy an academic head start and a competitive edge against other applicants by starting first at community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.