State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota
- Manatee Community College (MCC), with the main campus based in Bradenton, Florida, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science and Associate in Science degrees as well as Certificate program offerings. Noncredit education is offered under MCC's Corporate & Community Development programs.
- The teacher population of 239 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||239 staff||37 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,314 students||1,142 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||38:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,173 students||487 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,141 students||655 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,200||$30,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC offers credit and noncredit education including eLearning. Academic degrees include the Associate in Arts, the Associate in Applied Science and the Associate in Science. Noncredit education is offered under Corporate & Community Development. At Manatee Community College, every faculty and staff member has an impact on the quality of the College's educational experience. As such, the College offers its faculty and staff many resources in order to create a warm and supportive work environment. If you are a current MCC employee, you may find the links listed below helpful. More than 50 percent of the college bound high school students in Manatee and Sarasota counties attend MCC each year, with current enrollment nearly 11,000 students. MCC is among the top 100 producers of associate's degrees in the country. Students attend classes at two full-service campuses in Bradenton and Venice, the Center for Innovation and Technology at Lakewood Ranch, many business and public sector sites throughout the community, and from their homes via eLearning opportunities.
- The nearest community college to State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota is Florida College of Natural Health-Bradenton (7.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 143 students | 7.80 Mi616 67th Street Circle East
Bradenton,  FL  34208
- 862 students | 30.60 Mi11101 Roosevelt Boulevard N., Suite 100
Saint Petersburg,  FL  33716
- 207 students | 32.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo,  FL  33771
- 32,681 students | 33.10 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater,  FL  33760
- 439 students | 35.00 Mi1199 East Bay Drive
Largo,  FL  33770
We report on the latest developments at City College of San Francisco that have resulted in the school’s loss of accreditation and impending shut-down.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.