State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota
- Manatee Community College (MCC), with the main campus based in Bradenton, Florida, is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award Associate in Arts, Associate in Applied Science and Associate in Science degrees as well as Certificate program offerings. Noncredit education is offered under MCC's Corporate & Community Development programs.
The teacher population of 239 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota||(FL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Mixed Baccalaureate/Associate's|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||239 staff||55 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- MCC offers credit and noncredit education including eLearning. Academic degrees include the Associate in Arts, the Associate in Applied Science and the Associate in Science. Noncredit education is offered under Corporate & Community Development. At Manatee Community College, every faculty and staff member has an impact on the quality of the College's educational experience. As such, the College offers its faculty and staff many resources in order to create a warm and supportive work environment. If you are a current MCC employee, you may find the links listed below helpful. More than 50 percent of the college bound high school students in Manatee and Sarasota counties attend MCC each year, with current enrollment nearly 11,000 students. MCC is among the top 100 producers of associate's degrees in the country. Students attend classes at two full-service campuses in Bradenton and Venice, the Center for Innovation and Technology at Lakewood Ranch, many business and public sector sites throughout the community, and from their homes via eLearning opportunities.
The nearest community college to State College of Florida-Manatee-Sarasota is Florida College of Natural Health-Bradenton (7.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 143 students | 7.20 Mi616 67th Street Circle East
Bradenton, FL 34208
(941) 744-1244 7.20143
- 1,303 students | 30.30 Mi10200 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Street N
Saint Petersburg, FL 33716
(727) 577-1497 30.301,303
- 207 students | 32.80 Mi6565 Ulmerton Road
Largo, FL 33771
(727) 531-5900 32.80207
- 29,183 students | 33.10 Mi6021 142nd Ave N
Clearwater, FL 33760
(727) 341-4772 33.1029,183
- 23,183 students | 35.10 Mi39 Columbia Drive
Tampa, FL 33606
(813) 253-7000 35.1023,183
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.