Southwestern Community College (Sylva)
Tel: (828) 339-4000
- Southwestern Community College is a learning and teaching institution offering high-quality, innovative instruction and support, which promotes student achievement, academic excellence and economic development.
- The teacher population of 144 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern Community College (Sylva)||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||144 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,318 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- We offer quality programs that fit with your educational and career goals at a fraction of the cost! Students at four-year public universities in North Carolina pay 2-6 times more in tuition and fees compared to students at Southwestern Community College.When it comes to Tuition and Fees, SCC is dedicated to providing an affordable education. Review our estimated Cost of Attendance to help determine your cost and view our tuition payment plans for flexible payment options.Our cost may be low but the value of an SCC education is high! 90% of our graduates stay, live, and work within our service area, and our transfer students have over a 95% success rate at 4-year institutions in the UNC system.
- Key student resources include our Learning Assistance Center, Student Support Services, Disability Services, Library, and E-Learning department.All of our students have access to one-on-one academic advising and career counseling to prepare them for whatever is next!
- Through an agreement with the University of North Carolina system, SCC students can earn up to 61 hours worth of credit that will transfer to any public university and many private colleges in the state. Completion of the Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, or Associate in Science degree program ensures students` transfer with junior status into most majors.Our University Transfer Advising Center (UTAC) provides advising services for Arts and Sciences students planning to transfer to a university or 4-year college.Many SCC programs have also established transfer articulation agreements with other colleges and universities opening doors of opportunity for graduates to pursue a bachelor`s degree. These agreements are designed to identify the maximum number of transferable credits that can be completed at SCC, as well as the courses remaining upon transfer.
- The nearest community college to Southwestern Community College (Sylva) is Haywood Community College (19.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,069 students | 19.90 Mi185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde,  NC  28721
(828) 627-2821 19.902,069
- 705 students | 28.10 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard,  NC  28712
(828) 883-8292 28.10705
- 7,507 students | 39.60 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville,  NC  28801
(828) 254-1921 39.607,507
- 303 students | 41.20 Mi140 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville,  NC  28803
(828) 398-2500 41.20303
- 2,088 students | 44.00 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
(828) 694-1700 44.002,088
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.