Southwestern Community College (Sylva)
- Southwestern Community College is a learning and teaching institution offering high-quality, innovative instruction and support, which promotes student achievement, academic excellence and economic development.
- The teacher population of 144 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern Community College (Sylva)||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||144 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||3,318 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,800||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- We offer quality programs that fit with your educational and career goals at a fraction of the cost! Students at four-year public universities in North Carolina pay 2-6 times more in tuition and fees compared to students at Southwestern Community College.When it comes to Tuition and Fees, SCC is dedicated to providing an affordable education. Review our estimated Cost of Attendance to help determine your cost and view our tuition payment plans for flexible payment options.Our cost may be low but the value of an SCC education is high! 90% of our graduates stay, live, and work within our service area, and our transfer students have over a 95% success rate at 4-year institutions in the UNC system.
- Key student resources include our Learning Assistance Center, Student Support Services, Disability Services, Library, and E-Learning department.All of our students have access to one-on-one academic advising and career counseling to prepare them for whatever is next!
- Through an agreement with the University of North Carolina system, SCC students can earn up to 61 hours worth of credit that will transfer to any public university and many private colleges in the state. Completion of the Associate in Arts, Associate in Fine Arts, or Associate in Science degree program ensures students` transfer with junior status into most majors.Our University Transfer Advising Center (UTAC) provides advising services for Arts and Sciences students planning to transfer to a university or 4-year college.Many SCC programs have also established transfer articulation agreements with other colleges and universities opening doors of opportunity for graduates to pursue a bachelor`s degree. These agreements are designed to identify the maximum number of transferable credits that can be completed at SCC, as well as the courses remaining upon transfer.
- The nearest community college to Southwestern Community College (Sylva) is Haywood Community College (19.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,069 students | 19.90 Mi185 Freedlander Drive
Clyde,  NC  28721
- 705 students | 28.20 MiOne Brevard College Drive
Brevard,  NC  28712
- 7,507 students | 39.70 Mi340 Victoria Rd
Asheville,  NC  28801
- 303 students | 40.00 Mi140 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville,  NC  28803
- 2,088 students | 44.10 Mi180 West Campus Drive
Flat Rock,  NC  28731
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.