Southwestern College (Santa Fe)
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwestern College (Santa Fe)||(NM) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||72 staff|
|Total Enrollment||162 students||1,793 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||30:1|
|# Full-Time Students||103 students||604 students|
|# Part-Time Students||59 students||1,189 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Southwestern College (Santa Fe) is Santa Fe Community College (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,242 students | 3.80 Mi6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe,  NM  87508
- 848 students | 22.80 Mi4000 University Dr
Los Alamos,  NM  87544
- 1,371 students | 25.30 Mi921 Paseo de Onate
Espanola,  NM  87532
- 1,440 students | 45.80 Mi336 Luna Drive
Las Vegas,  NM  87701
- 892 students | 47.70 Mi4400 Cutler Avenue NE
Albuquerque,  NM  87110
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.