Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (608) 822-3262
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College provides individualized lifelong learning opportunities that focus on students and communities. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College will be a leader in learning-centered education. outhwest Tech is a comprehensive technical college standing ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Southwest Tech can prepare you with the skills necessary to succeed now and in the future.
The teacher population of 101 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||167 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Southwest Wisconsin Vocational-Technical Institute District, comprising the five counties of southwestern Wisconsin, became operational on July 1, 1967, pursuant to Chapter 292, Laws of Wisconsin of 1965. The development process that resulted in what we now call Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (Southwest Tech) began immediately with the selection of initial programs, establishment of advisory committees, and recruitment of staff members. Farm Training was the first college program and began functioning in Fall 1967. During the 1968-69 fiscal year, college leadership initiated a comprehensive building plan. This led to the development of the present campus facilities located in Fennimore, Wisconsin, the center of the Southwest Tech District. Located among the beautiful hills and valleys of southwestern Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, or Southwest Tech, is a comprehensive technical school of higher learning that stands ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Since 1967, Southwest Tech has worked to be Southwest Wisconsin's premier provider of occupational education and training. The Fennimore campus offers 40 full-time occupational programs as well as a host of adult basic education, continuing education, distance learning, and technical services. The college offers Agricultural Programs, Business Programs, General Education, Health Occupations, Individual Technical Studies, Industrial Occupations, Public Safety Programs and Courses and Service Industry Programs and Courses. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is University of Wisconsin Colleges Flex (62.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 186 students | 62.80 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
(877) 895-3276 62.80186
- 4,449 students | 63.20 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
(563) 562-3263 63.204,449
- 4,004 students | 65.50 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
(608) 785-9200 65.504,004
- 15,250 students | 66.80 Mi1701 Wright Street
Madison,  WI  53704
(608) 246-6100 66.8015,250
- 11 students | 68.00 Mi2702 Agriculture Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
(608) 663-2000 68.0011
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.