Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College provides individualized lifelong learning opportunities that focus on students and communities. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College will be a leader in learning-centered education. outhwest Tech is a comprehensive technical college standing ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Southwest Tech can prepare you with the skills necessary to succeed now and in the future.
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has declined by 46% over five years.
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,334 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||771 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,563 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||100||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$34,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Southwest Wisconsin Vocational-Technical Institute District, comprising the five counties of southwestern Wisconsin, became operational on July 1, 1967, pursuant to Chapter 292, Laws of Wisconsin of 1965. The development process that resulted in what we now call Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (Southwest Tech) began immediately with the selection of initial programs, establishment of advisory committees, and recruitment of staff members. Farm Training was the first college program and began functioning in Fall 1967. During the 1968-69 fiscal year, college leadership initiated a comprehensive building plan. This led to the development of the present campus facilities located in Fennimore, Wisconsin, the center of the Southwest Tech District. Located among the beautiful hills and valleys of southwestern Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, or Southwest Tech, is a comprehensive technical school of higher learning that stands ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Since 1967, Southwest Tech has worked to be Southwest Wisconsin's premier provider of occupational education and training. The Fennimore campus offers 40 full-time occupational programs as well as a host of adult basic education, continuing education, distance learning, and technical services. The college offers Agricultural Programs, Business Programs, General Education, Health Occupations, Individual Technical Studies, Industrial Occupations, Public Safety Programs and Courses and Service Industry Programs and Courses. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 7,153 students | 62.40 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
- 14,045 students | 63.70 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
- 4,630 students | 64.70 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
- 16,759 students | 67.70 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
- 468 students | 69.00 Mi2702 Agriculture Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.