Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
Tel: (608) 822-3262
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College provides individualized lifelong learning opportunities that focus on students and communities. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College will be a leader in learning-centered education. outhwest Tech is a comprehensive technical college standing ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Southwest Tech can prepare you with the skills necessary to succeed now and in the future.
- The teacher population of 101 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||167 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,334 students||3,351 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||23:1|
|# Full-Time Students||771 students||1,122 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,563 students||2,229 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||100||100|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,500||$33,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Southwest Wisconsin Vocational-Technical Institute District, comprising the five counties of southwestern Wisconsin, became operational on July 1, 1967, pursuant to Chapter 292, Laws of Wisconsin of 1965. The development process that resulted in what we now call Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (Southwest Tech) began immediately with the selection of initial programs, establishment of advisory committees, and recruitment of staff members. Farm Training was the first college program and began functioning in Fall 1967. During the 1968-69 fiscal year, college leadership initiated a comprehensive building plan. This led to the development of the present campus facilities located in Fennimore, Wisconsin, the center of the Southwest Tech District. Located among the beautiful hills and valleys of southwestern Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, or Southwest Tech, is a comprehensive technical school of higher learning that stands ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Since 1967, Southwest Tech has worked to be Southwest Wisconsin's premier provider of occupational education and training. The Fennimore campus offers 40 full-time occupational programs as well as a host of adult basic education, continuing education, distance learning, and technical services. The college offers Agricultural Programs, Business Programs, General Education, Health Occupations, Individual Technical Studies, Industrial Occupations, Public Safety Programs and Courses and Service Industry Programs and Courses. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is University of Wisconsin Colleges (62.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,045 students | 62.80 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
(608) 262-1783 62.8014,045
- 6,045 students | 63.20 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
(833) 642-2338 63.206,045
- 4,630 students | 65.50 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
(608) 785-9200 65.504,630
- 16,759 students | 66.80 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
(608) 246-6100 66.8016,759
- 3,381 students | 68.80 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
(608) 249-6611 68.803,381
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.