Southwest Wisconsin Technical College
- Southwest Wisconsin Technical College provides individualized lifelong learning opportunities that focus on students and communities. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College will be a leader in learning-centered education. outhwest Tech is a comprehensive technical college standing ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Southwest Tech can prepare you with the skills necessary to succeed now and in the future.
The teacher population of 101 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||(WI) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||101 staff||167 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Southwest Wisconsin Vocational-Technical Institute District, comprising the five counties of southwestern Wisconsin, became operational on July 1, 1967, pursuant to Chapter 292, Laws of Wisconsin of 1965. The development process that resulted in what we now call Southwest Wisconsin Technical College (Southwest Tech) began immediately with the selection of initial programs, establishment of advisory committees, and recruitment of staff members. Farm Training was the first college program and began functioning in Fall 1967. During the 1968-69 fiscal year, college leadership initiated a comprehensive building plan. This led to the development of the present campus facilities located in Fennimore, Wisconsin, the center of the Southwest Tech District. Located among the beautiful hills and valleys of southwestern Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, or Southwest Tech, is a comprehensive technical school of higher learning that stands ready to offer you excellent educational opportunities, a broad array of support services, and a student-friendly atmosphere. Since 1967, Southwest Tech has worked to be Southwest Wisconsin's premier provider of occupational education and training. The Fennimore campus offers 40 full-time occupational programs as well as a host of adult basic education, continuing education, distance learning, and technical services. The college offers Agricultural Programs, Business Programs, General Education, Health Occupations, Individual Technical Studies, Industrial Occupations, Public Safety Programs and Courses and Service Industry Programs and Courses. Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The nearest community college to Southwest Wisconsin Technical College is University of Wisconsin Colleges (62.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 14,045 students | 62.80 Mi780 Regent St
Madison,  WI  53708
(608) 262-1783 62.8014,045
- 6,045 students | 63.20 Mi1625 Hwy 150
Calmar,  IA  52132
(833) 642-2338 63.206,045
- 4,630 students | 65.50 Mi400 Seventh St. North
La Crosse,  WI  54601
(608) 785-9200 65.504,630
- 16,759 students | 66.80 Mi1701 Wright St
Madison,  WI  53704
(608) 246-6100 66.8016,759
- 2,174 students | 68.80 Mi5218 East Terrace Drive
Madison,  WI  53718
(608) 249-6611 68.802,174
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!