Skyline College-Roanoke (Closed 2015)
- Skyline College, formerly ECPI Technical College, is a private Virginia based college focused on providing technology and medical programs of study for over 20 years. Skyline College excels in providing students the opportunity to fast track their career and earn an Associate's Degree in as little as 1.5 years or a Bachelor's in 2.5 through our Year-Round Schedule. Skyline College provides the opportunity to earn an education in technology, business, or healthcare that is focused on providing the education necessary to keep our students in step with today's workplace. Our programs are current, in depth, ""hands-on"", and job related.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 56% over five years.
|Skyline College-Roanoke||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||191 students||1,577 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||191 students||717 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A Virginia private college providing technology, business, and health sciences degree and diploma educational programs; graduate employment services; IT certification training. On-campus and online courses are available. Ecpi programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. Programs available at Roanoke, VA campus are Computer Electronics Engineering, Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, Management Information Systems, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting and Criminal Justice Technology. The college is accredited and approved by the Career College Association, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,337 students | 3.80 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 8,632 students | 5.10 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 1,257 students | 34.50 Mi1000 Dabney Drive
Clifton Forge,  VA  24422
- 2,900 students | 40.40 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 409 students | 40.50 Mi1011 Creekside Lane
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
June 19, 2018
Community colleges have responded to the needs of working adults with online options.
June 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
June 18, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.