Skyline College-Roanoke (Closed 2015)
- Skyline College, formerly ECPI Technical College, is a private Virginia based college focused on providing technology and medical programs of study for over 20 years. Skyline College excels in providing students the opportunity to fast track their career and earn an Associate's Degree in as little as 1.5 years or a Bachelor's in 2.5 through our Year-Round Schedule. Skyline College provides the opportunity to earn an education in technology, business, or healthcare that is focused on providing the education necessary to keep our students in step with today's workplace. Our programs are current, in depth, ""hands-on"", and job related.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has declined by 56% over five years.
|Skyline College-Roanoke||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||191 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||191 students||717 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A Virginia private college providing technology, business, and health sciences degree and diploma educational programs; graduate employment services; IT certification training. On-campus and online courses are available. Ecpi programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. Programs available at Roanoke, VA campus are Computer Electronics Engineering, Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, Management Information Systems, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting and Criminal Justice Technology. The college is accredited and approved by the Career College Association, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- The nearest community college to Skyline College-Roanoke is American National University (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,337 students | 3.80 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 8,632 students | 5.10 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 1,257 students | 34.50 Mi1000 Dabney Drive
Clifton Forge,  VA  24422
- 2,900 students | 40.40 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 409 students | 40.50 Mi1011 Creekside Lane
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.