Skyline College-Roanoke (Closed 2015)
- Skyline College, formerly ECPI Technical College, is a private Virginia based college focused on providing technology and medical programs of study for over 20 years. Skyline College excels in providing students the opportunity to fast track their career and earn an Associate's Degree in as little as 1.5 years or a Bachelor's in 2.5 through our Year-Round Schedule. Skyline College provides the opportunity to earn an education in technology, business, or healthcare that is focused on providing the education necessary to keep our students in step with today's workplace. Our programs are current, in depth, ""hands-on"", and job related.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Skyline College-Roanoke||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||191 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||191 students||717 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A Virginia private college providing technology, business, and health sciences degree and diploma educational programs; graduate employment services; IT certification training. On-campus and online courses are available. Ecpi programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. Programs available at Roanoke, VA campus are Computer Electronics Engineering, Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, Management Information Systems, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting and Criminal Justice Technology. The college is accredited and approved by the Career College Association, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- The nearest community college to Skyline College-Roanoke is American National University (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,337 students | 3.80 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 8,632 students | 5.10 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 1,257 students | 34.40 Mi1000 Dabney Drive
Clifton Forge,  VA  24422
- 2,900 students | 40.50 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 4,519 students | 42.60 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.