Skyline College-Roanoke (Closed 2015)
- Skyline College, formerly ECPI Technical College, is a private Virginia based college focused on providing technology and medical programs of study for over 20 years. Skyline College excels in providing students the opportunity to fast track their career and earn an Associate's Degree in as little as 1.5 years or a Bachelor's in 2.5 through our Year-Round Schedule. Skyline College provides the opportunity to earn an education in technology, business, or healthcare that is focused on providing the education necessary to keep our students in step with today's workplace. Our programs are current, in depth, ""hands-on"", and job related.
- The teacher population of 14 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Skyline College-Roanoke||(VA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||14 staff||45 staff|
|Total Enrollment||191 students||1,577 students|
|# Full-Time Students||191 students||717 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$30,900||$29,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- A Virginia private college providing technology, business, and health sciences degree and diploma educational programs; graduate employment services; IT certification training. On-campus and online courses are available. Ecpi programs include both professional and general education courses, which together allow students to experience the integration of knowledge and skills. General Education courses do not focus on the specific needs of any one academic program. Instead, these courses are intended to help prepare students in being productive and responsible members in an ever-changing society and in complex work environments. Programs available at Roanoke, VA campus are Computer Electronics Engineering, Technology, IT/Networking & Security Management, Management Information Systems, Practical Nursing, Medical Assisting and Criminal Justice Technology. The college is accredited and approved by the Career College Association, Immigration and Naturalization Service, Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, State Council of Higher Education for Virginia and Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology.
- The nearest community college to Skyline College-Roanoke is American National University (3.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,337 students | 3.80 Mi1813 E Main St
Salem,  VA  24153
- 8,632 students | 5.10 Mi3093 Colonial Ave
Roanoke,  VA  24015
- 1,257 students | 34.50 Mi1000 Dabney Drive
Clifton Forge,  VA  24422
- 2,900 students | 40.40 Mi645 Patriot Avenue
Martinsville,  VA  24112
- 4,519 students | 42.70 Mi3506 Wards Rd
Lynchburg,  VA  24502
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.