San Joaquin Valley College-Online
- The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Joaquin Valley College-Online||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||953 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||43:1||44:1|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,900||$35,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to San Joaquin Valley College-Online is San Joaquin Valley College (1.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,608 students | 1.90 Mi8344 W Mineral King Ave
Visalia,  CA  93291
- 10,647 students | 2.20 Mi915 S. Mooney Blvd
Visalia,  CA  93277
- 14,633 students | 20.30 Mi995 N Reed Ave
Reedley,  CA  93654
- 3,976 students | 26.40 Mi555 College Avenue
Lemoore,  CA  93245
- 3,853 students | 26.70 Mi100 E College Ave
Porterville,  CA  93257
We continue to report on the ongoing saga in the California community college system. Schools are now opening for fall semester with fewer courses due to serious budget cuts, and students are feeling the academic pain.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.