San Diego City College
- San Diego City College is a public, two-year community college administered by the San Diego Community College District. Other colleges in the same District are San Diego Mesa College and San Diego Miramar College. There are also six continuing education centers and the Educational Cultural Complex which offers both college and continuing education courses.
- Enrollment: 14,865 students
- In-state tuition: $1,142
- Out-state tuition: $5,774
- Student:teacher ratio: 30:1
- Minority enrollment: 78%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- In 1914 City College held its first classes in San Diego High School located across the street from the present campus. First known as a junior college; it was the third community college established in California. The mission of City College has as its highest priority student learning and achievement. City College provides lower division general education, allowing students to earn an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement and to prepare for transfer to a four-year college or university. City College provides vocational education programs that upgrade the employment skills of students and provide occupational programs that meet specific industry needs and licensing requirements of the state of California. City College promotes economic growth and global competitiveness through education, training, and services that contribute to continuous work force improvement. City College provides important and essential student support services, basic skills instruction, and English as a second language to assist all students in meeting their educational goals. San Diego City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. City College is also accredited by the Office of Private Postsecondary Education for the training of veterans, and the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Immigration Service for international student education. City College courses paralleling university level work are accepted by universities, colleges, and private institutions, including the University of California and California State University.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does San Diego City College cost?
San Diego City College's tuition is approximately $1,142 for In-State students and $5,774 for Out-State students.
What schools are San Diego City College often compared to?
San Diego City Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like San Diego Mesa College by visitors of our site.