San Diego City College
- San Diego City College is a public, two-year community college administered by the San Diego Community College District. Other colleges in the same District are San Diego Mesa College and San Diego Miramar College. There are also six continuing education centers and the Educational Cultural Complex which offers both college and continuing education courses.
San Diego City College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- The teacher population of 322 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|San Diego City College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||322 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||16,298 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||51:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,666 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||12,632 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,000||$34,600|
- In 1914 City College held its first classes in San Diego High School located across the street from the present campus. First known as a junior college; it was the third community college established in California. The mission of City College has as its highest priority student learning and achievement. City College provides lower division general education, allowing students to earn an Associate Degree or Certificate of Achievement and to prepare for transfer to a four-year college or university. City College provides vocational education programs that upgrade the employment skills of students and provide occupational programs that meet specific industry needs and licensing requirements of the state of California. City College promotes economic growth and global competitiveness through education, training, and services that contribute to continuous work force improvement. City College provides important and essential student support services, basic skills instruction, and English as a second language to assist all students in meeting their educational goals. San Diego City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. City College is also accredited by the Office of Private Postsecondary Education for the training of veterans, and the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Immigration Service for international student education. City College courses paralleling university level work are accepted by universities, colleges, and private institutions, including the University of California and California State University.
- The nearest community college to San Diego City College is Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-San Diego (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 142 students | 0.30 Mi350 Tenth Avenue, Third Floor
San Diego,  CA  92101
- 967 students | 3.10 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi404 Camino Del Rio South Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92108
- n/a students | 3.80 Mi6602 Convoy Court Ste 100
San Diego,  CA  92111
- 2,000 students | 3.80 Mi2488 Historic Decatur Rd, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  09210