- Our mission is to provide access to learning opportunities that promote student success; to foster intellectual growth, individual expression, and character development; and to support a dynamic and diverse environment of innovation and collegiality.
- Enrollment: 19,709 students
- In-state tuition: $1,142
- Out-state tuition: $5,702
- Student:teacher ratio: 24:1
- Minority enrollment: 55%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Saddleback College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- We are one of California's top community colleges, known for our well-equipped high-tech learning centers and laboratories, challenging academic curricula, strong student support services, and high transfer rate to universities around the country. Our reputation for excellence continues to attract high quality faculty members and administrators from across the United States. At Saddleback College, students are our top priority. Class sizes here are small and students can expect to receive individual attention from their professors. There is a full range of counseling, career planning and job placement services, financial aid programs, as well as assistance for those with learning disabilities and/or physical limitations. We offer on-campus childcare, a fully staffed Health Center and a variety of tutorial programs. In addition, we have extensive programs and services for re-entry men and women, for older adults through our Emeritus Institute, and for professionals in need of continuing educational credits. We are a premier cultural, entertainment and recreational site in South Orange County. Throughout the year, Saddleback College hosts lectures by news makers and scholars, stages theatre productions and concerts, and screens classic and contemporary foreign films. This upcoming year marks the 29th anniversary of our award-winning Saddleback Civic Light Opera program. Our athletic department proudly boasts 19 intercollegiate teams with a solid reputation for success. In the past 3 decades the Gauchos have earned over 120 conference, state and national titles. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges, of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.