- Our mission is to provide access to learning opportunities that promote student success; to foster intellectual growth, individual expression, and character development; and to support a dynamic and diverse environment of innovation and collegiality.
Saddleback College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 446 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Saddleback College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||446 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||20,007 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||45:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||6,015 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||13,992 students||5,903 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,700||$34,600|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- We are one of California's top community colleges, known for our well-equipped high-tech learning centers and laboratories, challenging academic curricula, strong student support services, and high transfer rate to universities around the country. Our reputation for excellence continues to attract high quality faculty members and administrators from across the United States. At Saddleback College, students are our top priority. Class sizes here are small and students can expect to receive individual attention from their professors. There is a full range of counseling, career planning and job placement services, financial aid programs, as well as assistance for those with learning disabilities and/or physical limitations. We offer on-campus childcare, a fully staffed Health Center and a variety of tutorial programs. In addition, we have extensive programs and services for re-entry men and women, for older adults through our Emeritus Institute, and for professionals in need of continuing educational credits. We are a premier cultural, entertainment and recreational site in South Orange County. Throughout the year, Saddleback College hosts lectures by news makers and scholars, stages theatre productions and concerts, and screens classic and contemporary foreign films. This upcoming year marks the 29th anniversary of our award-winning Saddleback Civic Light Opera program. Our athletic department proudly boasts 19 intercollegiate teams with a solid reputation for success. In the past 3 decades the Gauchos have earned over 120 conference, state and national titles. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Community and Junior Colleges, of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,157 students | 11.00 Mi5500 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine,  CA  92618
- 156 students | 14.50 Mi17590 Gillette Avenue
Irvine,  CA  92614
- 274 students | 15.00 Mi3160 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 21,775 students | 16.50 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 194 students | 17.90 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.