Irvine Valley College
- Irvine Valley College is an accredited, comprehensive institution of higher education, dedicated to excellence and committed to meeting the current and future learning needs of the diverse communities it serves. As an educational institution within the South Orange County Community District, the college provides a broad range of programs and courses. Student learning outcomes and student success are the measure of quality for all offerings.
- The teacher population of 284 teachers has grown by 24% over five years.
|Irvine Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||284 staff||92 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,157 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,659 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,498 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.72||0.73|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,100||$34,900|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Irvine Valley College is an institution of higher learning that seeks to deliver innovative instruction and student services programs, provide opportunities for student success and enter into dynamic community partnerships. The college maintains high educational standards as measured by student learning outcomes including skills and knowledge gained. The college serves students seeking to transfer, enhance career skills, obtain a degree or certificate, or improve basic skills. The college also provides student support services, community education, opportunities for lifelong learning, cultural experiences, and activities promoting economic development and partnerships with the community. The central purpose of these programs and services is the education of students to think critically and act responsibly within the global community. IRVINE VALLEY COLLEGE combines a small-college environment with modern facilities and equipment, dedicated staff, and an excellent faculty who combine knowledge and experience with a sincere commitment to student learning. IVC has student government, over 20 student clubs, and co-curricular programs, including award-winning Model United Nations, Forensics, and Administration of Justice teams. Throughout the year there are art exhibits, concerts, dance and theatre performances, and special events. The 13 IVC men's and women's athletic teams include state and national champions. Irvine Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 156 students | 4.30 Mi17590 Gillette Avenue
Irvine,  CA  92614
- n/a students | 4.50 Mi2041 Business Ctr Dr Ste 107
Irvine,  CA  92612
- 274 students | 5.50 Mi3160 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 194 students | 6.90 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 21,775 students | 7.70 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
October 22, 2017
Learn about the changing tide in male enrollment at community colleges, as well as the catalysts behind the increase in men on campus.
October 20, 2017
When you first start college you may be overwhelmed by the newness of it. But keep these common mistakes in mind as you go through your first year to make sure that you are properly setup for the rest of your college career and your life thereafter.
October 09, 2017
Forget the degree! Many community college students are landing good jobs with just a community college professional certificate.