- Irvine Valley College is an accredited, comprehensive institution of higher education, dedicated to excellence and committed to meeting the current and future learning needs of the diverse communities it serves. As an educational institution within the South Orange County Community District, the college provides a broad range of programs and courses. Student learning outcomes and student success are the measure of quality for all offerings.
- Enrollment: 12,199 students
- In-state tuition: $1,326
- Out-state tuition: $6,030
- Student:teacher ratio: 24:1
- Minority enrollment: 68%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Irvine Valley College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Irvine Valley College is an institution of higher learning that seeks to deliver innovative instruction and student services programs, provide opportunities for student success and enter into dynamic community partnerships. The college maintains high educational standards as measured by student learning outcomes including skills and knowledge gained. The college serves students seeking to transfer, enhance career skills, obtain a degree or certificate, or improve basic skills. The college also provides student support services, community education, opportunities for lifelong learning, cultural experiences, and activities promoting economic development and partnerships with the community. The central purpose of these programs and services is the education of students to think critically and act responsibly within the global community. IRVINE VALLEY COLLEGE combines a small-college environment with modern facilities and equipment, dedicated staff, and an excellent faculty who combine knowledge and experience with a sincere commitment to student learning. IVC has student government, over 20 student clubs, and co-curricular programs, including award-winning Model United Nations, Forensics, and Administration of Justice teams. Throughout the year there are art exhibits, concerts, dance and theatre performances, and special events. The 13 IVC men's and women's athletic teams include state and national champions. Irvine Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Irvine Valley College cost?
What is Irvine Valley College's ranking?
View the Irvine Valley College yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as: