Irvine Valley College
- Irvine Valley College is an accredited, comprehensive institution of higher education, dedicated to excellence and committed to meeting the current and future learning needs of the diverse communities it serves. As an educational institution within the South Orange County Community District, the college provides a broad range of programs and courses. Student learning outcomes and student success are the measure of quality for all offerings.
Irvine Valley College places among the top 20% of community colleges in California for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 284 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Irvine Valley College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||284 staff||97 staff|
|Total Enrollment||13,157 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||46:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,659 students||1,613 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,498 students||5,903 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$41,100||$34,600|
- Irvine Valley College is an institution of higher learning that seeks to deliver innovative instruction and student services programs, provide opportunities for student success and enter into dynamic community partnerships. The college maintains high educational standards as measured by student learning outcomes including skills and knowledge gained. The college serves students seeking to transfer, enhance career skills, obtain a degree or certificate, or improve basic skills. The college also provides student support services, community education, opportunities for lifelong learning, cultural experiences, and activities promoting economic development and partnerships with the community. The central purpose of these programs and services is the education of students to think critically and act responsibly within the global community. IRVINE VALLEY COLLEGE combines a small-college environment with modern facilities and equipment, dedicated staff, and an excellent faculty who combine knowledge and experience with a sincere commitment to student learning. IVC has student government, over 20 student clubs, and co-curricular programs, including award-winning Model United Nations, Forensics, and Administration of Justice teams. Throughout the year there are art exhibits, concerts, dance and theatre performances, and special events. The 13 IVC men's and women's athletic teams include state and national champions. Irvine Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Irvine Valley College is Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising-Orange County (4.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 156 students | 4.30 Mi17590 Gillette Avenue
Irvine,  CA  92614
- 274 students | 5.50 Mi3160 Red Hill Ave
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 194 students | 6.90 Mi201 E. 4th Street, Suite 200
Santa Ana,  CA  92701
- 21,247 students | 7.70 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 7,321 students | 8.10 Mi8045 E Chapman
Orange,  CA  92869