Rockland Community College
Tel: (845) 574-4000
- SUNY Rockland is the only public higher education institution in Rockland County. It has served as an educational resource for Rockland since 1959, offering small classes, personal attention and caring faculty. In addition to the main campus in Suffern, the College operates extension sites in Spring Valley and Haverstraw. Close to 10,000 people are enrolled in credit and non-credit courses, and over 200,000 visit the campus each year for cultural, recreational and commercial events.
The teacher population of 241 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Rockland Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||241 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Located in the historic and scenic Hudson Valley only 25 miles northwest of New York City, picturesque Rockland offers the best of all worlds, including recreational and cultural attractions and easy access to the educational and artistic resources of the city. Over 300 community and commercial groups use the campus facilities each year, including the Fieldhouse's two-acre indoor arena, sports facilities and the 500-seat Cultural Arts Theater. SUNY Rockland was recently ranked the safest community college campus in the NY-CT-PA region. A new Technology Building currently under construction is scheduled to open in late 2006. The 100,000 sq. ft. building, the first new permanent construction on campus in over twenty years, will house student services and over ninety faculty and staff offices. It will feature 21 state-of-the-art classrooms, including a lecture hall and computer laboratories, increasing classroom capacity on campus by about 40%. The College offers 41 programs in the humanities, social sciences, arts, technologies, business, health professions, mathematics and sciences, including 29 associate's degrees and 12 one-year certificate programs. The MTS (Mentored/Talented Students) and MgD (Management Development) programs are nationally acclaimed, rigorous academic programs for liberal arts and business students seeking to transfer to premier colleges. Graduates transfer to such colleges as Harvard, Yale, Cornell, University of Pennsylvania and Smith. Approximately 300 students are currently enrolled in the Honors Programs. The program was awarded a coveted FIPSE grant from the U.S. Department of Education to serve as a model for community college honors programs throughout the country.
The nearest community college to Rockland Community College is Eastwick College-Ramsey (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 740 students | 5.70 Mi10 South Franklin Turnpike
Ramsey,  NJ  07446
(201) 327-8877 5.70740
- 13,352 students | 12.60 Mi400 Paramus Rd
Paramus,  NJ  07652
(201) 447-7200 12.6013,352
- 107 students | 15.40 Mi967 North Broadway-Andrus Pavillion-Saint John's Riverside, HOSP
Yonkers,  NY  10701
(914) 964-4296 15.40107
- 6,480 students | 15.70 MiOne College Blvd
Paterson,  NJ  07505
(973) 684-6800 15.706,480
- 11,535 students | 16.10 Mi75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla,  NY  10595
(914) 606-6600 16.1011,535
Learn about how the community college tuition hikes in the next year may be greater than the rate of inflation.
In light of the huge budget cuts facing California community colleges, class rationing is now on the table as one option to help schools stay in the black. Is it right, fair or even practical? We’ll explore the issue.
Learn about how some convicted criminals abused community colleges' financial aid programs and why Congress has decided to prohibit criminals from being eligible for future aid.