- RCC has been the community's college of choice for nearly nine decades. The College offers 100+ programs leading to an associate's degree, career certificate or transfer to a four-year college or university. Each semester, more that 30,000 students take classes online or at one of RCC's campuses or education centers.
Riverside City College serves 20,080 students (29% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 27:1 is higher than the state community college average of 22:1.
Minority enrollment is 79% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 74%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 20,080 students
- In-state tuition: $1,426
- Out-state tuition: $7,366
- Student:teacher ratio: 27:1
- Minority enrollment: 79%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Riverside City College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in California for:
The teacher population of 749 teachers has grown by 107% over five years.
Riverside City College
(CA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Riverside City College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 27:1 has decreased from 28:1 over five years.
The Riverside City College diversity score of 0.58 is less than the state average of 0.70. The school's diversity has grown by 7% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $1,426 is more than the state average of $1,246. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,366 is more than the state average of $6,603. The out-state tuition has declined by 12% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Riverside Community College has always been this community's college. One of the oldest two-year colleges in California. RCC traces its heritage back to 1916, to a time when Poly High School sat on what is now the Riverside City Campus. Located in the City of Riverside, the campus opened in 1916 on the site of the former Poly High School and today serves more than 19,000 students each semester. Students attending the City Campus can choose to earn an associate's degree, transfer to a four-year college or university or earn a career certificate that prepares them to enter the workforce. Thanks to strong programs in liberal arts and science, athletics, and performing arts, and home to the School for Nursing, RCC is one of California's leading community colleges and is a landmark in downtown Riverside. It is also home to the RCC Chancellor's Office and the Board of Trustees. Just as the Riverside City Campus is a focal point for education, athletic and performing arts activities, we believe that the RCC Alumni House will become a focal point for special alumni, college and community events. Reflected within the house are the heritage of Riverside, the Wood Streets, and RCC. Riverside Community College is a California public community college, fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Riverside City College cost?
Riverside City College's tuition is approximately $1,426 for In-State students and $7,366 for Out-State students.
What is Riverside City College's ranking?
Riverside City College ranks among the top 20% of community college in California for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.