Purdue University Global-Mason City (Closed 2020)
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Purdue University Global-Mason City||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||292 staff|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The College is proud of its carefully selected staff and faculty members who bring varied educational and work experiences from their fields. Many are involved on a day-to-day basis in their profession and contribute knowledge and skills that reflect the current trends and requirements of their respective fields. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Purdue University Global-Mason City is North Iowa Area Community College (7.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,894 students | 7.40 Mi500 College Dr
Mason City, IA 50401
(641) 423-1264 7.402,894
- 3,071 students | 24.40 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City, IA 50436
(641) 585-2450 24.403,071
- 741 students | 40.70 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls, IA 50126
(800) 322-9235 40.70741
- 3,475 students | 40.80 Mi1900 8th Ave NW
Austin, MN 55912
(507) 433-0600 40.803,475
- 5,237 students | 65.30 MiOne Triton Circle
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
(515) 576-7201 65.305,237
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.