Purdue University Global-Mason City
Top Ranked (2021-22): View Rankings
Tel: (641) 423-2530
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials.
Purdue University Global-Mason City ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Purdue University Global-Mason City||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||95 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The College is proud of its carefully selected staff and faculty members who bring varied educational and work experiences from their fields. Many are involved on a day-to-day basis in their profession and contribute knowledge and skills that reflect the current trends and requirements of their respective fields. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Purdue University Global-Mason City is North Iowa Area Community College (7.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 2,995 students | 7.40 Mi500 College Dr
Mason City, IA 50401
(641) 423-1264 7.402,995
- 1,426 students | 24.40 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City, IA 50436
(800) 292-1903 24.401,426
- 796 students | 40.70 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls, IA 50126
(800) 322-9235 40.70796
- 3,263 students | 40.80 Mi1900 8th Ave NW
Austin, MN 55912
(507) 433-0600 40.803,263
- 149 students | 60.90 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
(319) 277-0220 60.90149
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?