North Iowa Area Community College
- The mission of the North Iowa Area Community College is to enhance the quality of life for people of North Iowa through comprehensive educational opportunities, progressive partnerships, exemplary service, and responsive leadership.
Top Placements (Iowa)
Listed among the top community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- Debt For Students Least debt for graduating students
- The teacher population of 95 teachers has declined by 43% over five years.
|North Iowa Area Community College||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||95 staff||95 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,950 students||2,620 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1||33:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,420 students||1,090 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,530 students||1,530 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||400||285|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,600||$36,200|
- The College, which began as Mason City Junior College (MCJC) in 1918, has the distinction of being the very first public two-year college in Iowa and one of the first such institutions in the country. Today, the 500-acre countryside campus consists of contemporary, state-of-the-art facilities including the Student Activity Center, Muse-Norris Conference Center, and Murphy Manufacturing Technology Center, as well as lakeside student apartments. The College also operates Community Education Centers in Charles City, Garner, Hampton, Lake Mills and Osage. With a staff of approximately 300, the College currently offers nearly 40 one- and two-year career programs, the first two years toward a bachelor's degree in most fields, and an array of continuing education opportunities for professional and personal growth. On average, the College serves over 2,800 degree students each year and thousands more through non-credit programs. The college is accredited by theHigher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC).
- The nearest community college to North Iowa Area Community College is Kaplan University-Mason City Campus (4.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 276 students | 4.90 MiPlaza West 2570 4th Street SW
Mason City,  IA  50401
- 1,426 students | 26.90 Mi106 S Sixth St
Forest City,  IA  50436
- 3,243 students | 35.90 Mi1900 8th Ave NW
Austin,  MN  55912
- 949 students | 44.40 Mi1100 College Ave
Iowa Falls,  IA  50126
- 403 students | 58.80 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613