Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (319) 363-0481
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials. Hamilton College recognizes the worth and dignity of all people, and is sensitive to the diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds represented in its student population. All students are encouraged to reach their potential within the framework of their individual needs, interests, and capabilities. The College employs instructional methods based on adult learning theory and is committed to the development of each student's intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation and may include group discussions and projects, laboratory work, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers, and lectures.
Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids places among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||95 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The Cedar Falls campus was designated as the third branch campus of Hamilton College in 2000. Each campus has close ties within its community and surrounding communities, resulting in graduates placed in employment throughout the state. Quest Education Corporation purchased Hamilton College in November of 1998. Quest was purchased in July of 2000 by Kaplan, Inc. Quest and Kaplan are dedicated to continuing the same excellent education for which Hamilton College is known. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids is Kirkwood Community College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,906 students | 3.70 Mi6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids,  IA  52406
(319) 398-5411 3.7013,906
- 5,263 students | 45.70 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo,  IA  50701
(319) 296-2320 45.705,263
- 149 students | 52.20 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls,  IA  50613
(319) 277-0220 52.20149
- 1,931 students | 61.70 Mi3700 S Center St
Marshalltown,  IA  50158
(641) 752-7106 61.701,931
- 7,771 students | 65.70 Mi101 W Third Street
Davenport,  IA  52801
(563) 336-3300 65.707,771
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.