Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids
Top Ranked (2022): View Rankings
Tel: (319) 363-0481
- Hamilton College is an institution of higher education offering quality programs that integrate general education, professional skills, and career-focused education to empower students to develop and achieve their personal and career potentials. Hamilton College recognizes the worth and dignity of all people, and is sensitive to the diversity of cultural and ethnic backgrounds represented in its student population. All students are encouraged to reach their potential within the framework of their individual needs, interests, and capabilities. The College employs instructional methods based on adult learning theory and is committed to the development of each student's intellectual, analytical, and critical thinking abilities. Teaching techniques encourage active student participation and may include group discussions and projects, laboratory work, simulations, demonstrations, field trips, guest speakers, and lectures.
Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids ranks among the top 20% of community colleges in Iowa for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 13 teachers has declined by 53% over five years.
|Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids||(IA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||95 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Hamilton College was originally established in Mason City, Iowa, in 1900 as a proprietary career college, and has the distinction of being the oldest continuously operating college in the state of Iowa specializing in business education. In 1980, Hamilton opened a campus in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to allow more students to be part of the Hamilton educational experience. In 1988, the Des Moines, Iowa, campus was added to create a triad of campuses to better accommodate the entire state. The Cedar Falls campus was designated as the third branch campus of Hamilton College in 2000. Each campus has close ties within its community and surrounding communities, resulting in graduates placed in employment throughout the state. Quest Education Corporation purchased Hamilton College in November of 1998. Quest was purchased in July of 2000 by Kaplan, Inc. Quest and Kaplan are dedicated to continuing the same excellent education for which Hamilton College is known. The college is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
The nearest community college to Purdue University Global-Cedar Rapids is Kirkwood Community College (3.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 13,906 students | 3.70 Mi6301 Kirkwood Blvd SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52406
(319) 398-5411 3.7013,906
- 5,263 students | 45.70 Mi1501 E Orange Rd
Waterloo, IA 50701
(319) 296-2320 45.705,263
- 149 students | 52.20 Mi7009 Nordic Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
(319) 277-0220 52.20149
- 1,931 students | 61.70 Mi3700 S Center St
Marshalltown, IA 50158
(641) 752-7106 61.701,931
- 7,771 students | 65.70 Mi101 W Third Street
Davenport, IA 52801
(563) 336-3300 65.707,771
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.