Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (405) 749-2433
- Since 1979, Platt College exists with one purpose; to create a workforce of professionals with the skills and training necessary to answer the needs of today's and tomorrow's workplace. Because our students receive the rigors of academic discipline as well as hands-on experience in their chosen fields, employers can rest assured they will hire a confident Platt College graduate who is well prepared and possesses valuable experience. In the long term, Platt College graduates not only gain a lifelong education, but the ability to make a significant contribution to their communities. Platt North provides spacious classrooms for students to learn. Each program is provided with an industry related laboratory.
The teacher population of 22 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Platt College-OKC-Memorial||(OK) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 years (below associate)||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||22 staff||59 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||6|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||86%||88%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$15,333||$12,000|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$7,059||$5,552|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Platt College-OKC-Memorial is Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (9.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,701 students | 9.40 Mi900 N Portland
Oklahoma City,  OK  73107
(405) 947-4421 9.405,701
- 134 students | 10.60 Mi309 S Ann Arbor
Oklahoma City,  OK  73128
(405) 946-7799 10.60134
- 7,420 students | 14.30 Mi6420 S E 15th
Midwest City,  OK  73110
(405) 733-7673 14.307,420
- 12,039 students | 15.50 Mi7777 S May Ave
Oklahoma City,  OK  73159
(405) 682-1611 15.5012,039
- 307 students | 19.40 Mi201 N. Eastern
Moore,  OK  73160
(405) 912-3260 19.40307
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.