Platt College-Newport Beach (Closed 2008)
|Platt College-Newport Beach||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Enrollment||116 students||7,516 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2006 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Platt College-Newport Beach is Golden West College (0.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 12,394 students | 0.70 Mi15744 Goldenwest St.
Huntington Beach,  CA  92647
- 11,313 students | 4.00 Mi11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley,  CA  92708
- 974 students | 4.30 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove,  CA  92840
- 21,775 students | 6.50 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa,  CA  92626
- 29,590 students | 6.50 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana,  CA  92706
As careers in science, technology, engineering, and math become more prevalent, community colleges are shifting their focus to meet demand and secure their place in a rapidly changing educational landscape.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.