Golden West College
Tel: (714) 892-7711
- The mission of Golden West College is to support students' goals and interests in higher education, develop their employment skills, prepare them to be productive citizens, and respond to community needs by providing a range and variety of educational programs; two year degrees; transfer preparation; career and technical training, and remedial activities. We encourage all members of our learning communities to grow to their maximum potential as they contribute to the well-being of our diverse society.
The teacher population of 240 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Golden West College||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||240 staff||149 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Golden West College is part of the California Community College system and was founded in 1965. On 120 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, GWC serves 13,000 students and is considered a medium-size, two-year college. GWC provides an Associate degree in most subjects, a strong university transfer program, in addition to a wide variety of short-term vocational [Certificate] options-- offering over 60 major areas. It provides a safe and secure location, a multicultural environment, an active student body and is proud of its newly developed honors program. The college is highly regarded for academic quality and innovation. In its earliest years, the college was recognized for its pioneering leadership in designing learning-centered programs and services for its student body and continues in that tradition to this day. Golden West College is committed to excellence and endeavors to provide an optimum teaching and learning environment. This will be demonstrated by innovation which embraces demographic and technological changes. Golden West College is fortunate to be located in one of the safest cities in the country. Our educational philosophy is founded on ethical conduct and teamwork. To ensure institutional excellence, we continually challenge, test, reevaluate and raise our standards. As an educational organization, we have high expectations and believe that our success depends upon the combined capability and contribution of faculty, staff, students and members of our community. Golden West College offers many Career Certificate programs that prepare students by providing them with the entry or advanced level knowledge and skills critical for successful employment. Our Career Certificate programs are taught by highly qualified faculty who are dedicated to the students they serve and provide them with the best education possible. The Performing Arts Department, a part of the Creative Arts Division at Golden West College, provides an excellent education for students of Dance Multi Media, Music, and Theater. You will be taught by instructors who are highly regarded professionals in their fields.
The nearest community college to Golden West College is Coastline Community College (4.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 23,192 students | 4.40 Mi11460 Warner Ave.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 546-7600 4.4023,192
- 589 students | 4.70 Mi12951 Euclid Street, Suite 101
Garden Grove, CA 92840
(714) 703-1900 4.70589
- 15,794 students | 6.80 Mi9200 Valley View
Cypress, CA 90630
(714) 484-7000 6.8015,794
- 21,122 students | 6.80 Mi2701 Fairview Road
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
(714) 432-5072 6.8021,122
- 28,425 students | 6.80 Mi1530 W. 17th Street
Santa Ana, CA 92706
(714) 564-6000 6.8028,425
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?