Pittsburgh Technical College
- With more than 30 degree and non-degree programs, Pittsburgh Technical College provides education that prepares our students for career success. The learning is immersive, project-based, and as real as it gets.
- All degree-seeking, on-site students have internships or clinical rotations before they graduate; 2 out of 3 available PTC students accepted job offers from their internship employers, and 97% of available graduates work in their career field.*
- PTC is a nonprofit institution.
- *Showcases graduates from 2017 classes. Data includes those who were available for work and were offered and/or received career search assistance from 1/1/2017-4/30/2018. Includes full-time, part-time, or freelance positions. Visit PTCollege.edu/employmentstats to learn more.
Top Placements (Pennsylvania)
Listed among the top community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has declined by 34% over five years.
|Pittsburgh Technical College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,045 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,045 students||372 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Career-focused programs are designed to meet the needs of the individual seeking an associate in science degree. Busy adults can select from a menu of shorter, evening certificate programs. Some degree offerings are available in an on-site/on-line format that blends flexible learning with classroom instruction. PTC offers career choices in technical, business, design, computer, Microsoft certification, safety and security, travel, hospitality, medical and surgical fields. The college offers programs in Accounting, Business, Computer Aided Drafting, Computer Programming, Electronics, Graphic Design, Home and Commercial Systems Integration, Hospitality, Information Technology, Marketing, Medical Office Administration, Medical Assisting, Multimedia, Retail Management, Safety and Security, Surgical Technology, Therapeutic Massage and Travel and Tourism. PTI is the first two-year career school in Western PA to receive regional accreditation from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.Pittsburgh Technical Institute is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, 267.284.5000, (www.msche.org). MSA is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Find more information here: http://www.pti.edu/consumer.php
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Pittsburgh Technical College is Rosedale Technical College (5.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 349 students | 5.10 Mi215 Beecham Drive Suite 2
Pittsburgh,  PA  15205
- 169 students | 8.70 Mi1815 Metropolitan St
Pittsburgh,  PA  15233
- 17,153 students | 9.30 Mi800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15233
- 166 students | 9.40 Mi1501 W Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15226
- n/a students | 9.80 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.