Pittsburgh Technical College
- With more than 30 degree and non-degree programs, Pittsburgh Technical College provides education that prepares our students for career success. The learning is immersive, project-based, and as real as it gets.
- All degree-seeking, on-site students have internships or clinical rotations before they graduate; 2 out of 3 available PTC students accepted job offers from their internship employers, and 97% of available graduates work in their career field.*
- PTC is a nonprofit institution.
- *Showcases graduates from 2017 classes. Data includes those who were available for work and were offered and/or received career search assistance from 1/1/2017-4/30/2018. Includes full-time, part-time, or freelance positions. Visit PTCollege.edu/employmentstats to learn more.
- The teacher population of 96 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pittsburgh Technical College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||96 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,045 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,045 students||372 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Pittsburgh Technical College is Rosedale Technical College (5.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 349 students | 5.10 Mi215 Beecham Drive Suite 2
Pittsburgh,  PA  15205
- 169 students | 8.70 Mi1815 Metropolitan St
Pittsburgh,  PA  15233
- 17,153 students | 9.30 Mi800 Allegheny Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15233
- 166 students | 9.40 Mi1501 W Liberty Ave
Pittsburgh,  PA  15226
- n/a students | 9.80 Mi1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15214
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.