Pima Medical Institute-Mesa
- Pima Medical Institute is a highly experienced and proven leader in health care. For more than 35 years, Pima Medical Institute has offered specialized, quality healthcare training that is quick and affordable, and we have been serving the mesa community since 1986. in mesa, we offer medical training in certificate programs like dental assistant, massage therapist, medical assistant, nursing assistant, pharmacy technician, phlebotomy technician, veterinary assistant. Your earning potential is in your hands as traditional health care continues to embrace alternative therapies such as massage. Students in the Massage Therapy School in Mesa have the advantage of receiving an education from a career college that has focused exclusively on medical and healthcare career training for more than 35 years.
- The teacher population of 48 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
|Pima Medical Institute-Mesa||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||48 staff||66 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||14||14|
|Total Enrollment||1,038 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,038 students||1,336 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$31,100|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||67%||81%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,708||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,022|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pima Medical Institute-Mesa is Mesa Community College (0.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 22,711 students | 0.30 Mi1833 W Southern Ave
Mesa,  AZ  85202
- 986 students | 3.10 Mi1100 East Apache Blvd
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 154 students | 4.70 Mi2031 N. Arizona Ave., Suite 2
Chandler,  AZ  85225
- 418 students | 5.20 Mi1140-1150 S. Priest Drive
Tempe,  AZ  85281
- 12 students | 5.60 Mi875 W. Elliot Road Suite 206
Tempe,  AZ  85284
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.