Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista
- Pima Medical Institute is a highly experienced and proven leader in health care education. For more than 35 years, Pima Medical Institute has offered specialized, quality healthcare training that is quick and affordable, and has served the San Diego community at our Chula Vista campus since 1998. In Chula Vista, we offer medical training in medical training in Chula Vista certificate programs like dental assistant (california), medical assistant, pharmacy technician, veterinary assistant.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||10|
|Total Enrollment||901 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||901 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||77%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,708||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista is Concorde Career College-San Diego (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 967 students | 5.70 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
- 19,000 students | 5.70 Mi900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista,  CA  91910
- 142 students | 7.20 Mi350 Tenth Avenue, Third Floor
San Diego,  CA  92101
- 16,298 students | 7.70 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego,  CA  92101
- 316 students | 10.10 Mi6250 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego,  CA  92115
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.