Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista
- Pima Medical Institute is a highly experienced and proven leader in health care education. For more than 35 years, Pima Medical Institute has offered specialized, quality healthcare training that is quick and affordable, and has served the San Diego community at our Chula Vista campus since 1998. In Chula Vista, we offer medical training in medical training in Chula Vista certificate programs like dental assistant (california), medical assistant, pharmacy technician, veterinary assistant.
- The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||97 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||9||10|
|Total Enrollment||901 students||7,516 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||44:1|
|# Full-Time Students||901 students||1,613 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,800||$34,600|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||77%||78%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$8,708||$9,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista is Concorde Career College-San Diego (5.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 967 students | 5.80 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego,  CA  92113
- 19,000 students | 5.90 Mi900 Otay Lakes Rd
Chula Vista,  CA  91910
- 142 students | 7.60 Mi350 Tenth Avenue, Third Floor
San Diego,  CA  92101
- 16,298 students | 7.60 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego,  CA  92101
- 316 students | 10.10 Mi6250 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego,  CA  92115
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.