Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista
Top Ranked (2021): View Rankings
Tel: (619) 425-3200
- Pima Medical Institute is a highly experienced and proven leader in health care education. For more than 35 years, Pima Medical Institute has offered specialized, quality healthcare training that is quick and affordable, and has served the San Diego community at our Chula Vista campus since 1998. In Chula Vista, we offer medical training in medical training in Chula Vista certificate programs like dental assistant (california), medical assistant, pharmacy technician, veterinary assistant.
The teacher population of 30 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista||(CA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Health Professions||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||30 staff||149 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||8||11|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||88%||76%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,499||$10,063|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,176||$5,751|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
The nearest community college to Pima Medical Institute-Chula Vista is Concorde Career College-San Diego (5.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 664 students | 5.70 Mi4393 Imperial Avenue, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92113
(619) 688-0800 5.70664
- 18,569 students | 5.70 Mi900 Otay Lakes Rd.
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(619) 421-6700 5.7018,569
- 66 students | 7.20 Mi350 Tenth Avenue, Third Floor
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 235-2049 7.2066
- 15,066 students | 7.70 Mi1313 Park Boulevard
San Diego, CA 92101
(619) 388-3400 7.7015,066
- 145 students | 10.10 Mi6250 El Cajon Blvd
San Diego, CA 92115
(619) 265-0107 10.10145
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.