- Phoenix College delivers teaching and learning experiences that inspire the lifelong pursuit of educational, professional, and personal goals for our diverse urban community.
- Enrollment: 11,109 students
- In-state tuition: $2,046
- Out-state tuition: $7,830
- Student:teacher ratio: 17:1
- Minority enrollment: 78%
- Source: Verified school update
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Phoenix College was founded in 1920 as the first two-year college in Arizona. In 1960, the college became the flagship institution in the state's new public community college system. Over the past 85 years, Phoenix College has grown and expanded its programs and services to meet the needs of the surrounding community. Today, more than 25,000 students each year prepare for university transfer, career training and advancement, and lifelong learning in our 200 degree and certificate programs. Phoenix College's student body reflects the diverse, multicultural central city community it serves. Phoenix College is small enough to provide students with personal attention from enrollment through graduation. But it's also large enough to offer a rich menu of social and leadership possibilities to round out the college experience. Whether they're taking one class or a full load, Phoenix College students have a full-access pass to get involved to find support in reaching their goals. The Computer Commons is an instructional, open-computer facility available to all currently enrolled students. The lab features Pentium computers and a variety of course-related software. Lab technicians and student assistants are available to assist students and faculty with their hardware and software questions. Phoenix College is one of the Maricopa Community Colleges.