Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Mansfield Campus
- The Northwest Louisiana Technical College (NELTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The NWLTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Mansfield Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||7 staff||26 staff|
|Total Enrollment||208 students||1,493 students|
|# Full-Time Students||90 students||382 students|
|# Part-Time Students||118 students||1,111 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2010)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$31,000|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Technical Honor Society, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Skills USA, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College provides technical and vocational education throughout Northwest Louisiana and is composed of three campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. Our college awards associates degrees, technical diplomas, and industry-based certificates in programs that are aligned with business and industry and local economies, which lead students to good paying middle class jobs. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Mansfield Campus is Remington College-Shreveport Campus (25.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 291 students | 25.50 Mi2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport,  LA  71118
- 61 students | 25.90 Mi702 Professional Dr N
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 303 students | 30.90 Mi1227 Shreveport-Barksdale Hwy
Shreveport,  LA  71105
- 8,693 students | 34.70 Mi6220 East Texas
Bossier City,  LA  71111
- 353 students | 35.30 Mi2010 N Market St
Shreveport,  LA  71107
A career in healthcare is rewarding, recession-proof, and financially lucrative. Consider the 10 hottest healthcare careers today that can be started right from community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.