Western Texas College
Western Texas College Photo #4 - Golf and Landscape Technology is one of many technical programs offered.
Western Texas College Photo #6 - Golf is one of the competitive sports at WTC. The team plays on the Sammy Baugh Golf course located on campus.
- Western Texas College is a comprehensive public community college which provides open access and equal educational opportunity as it supports the lifelong needs of a multicultural society. The college is committed to educational excellence as it challenges students to reach their full potential in developing critical thinking skills, communication proficiency, appreciation of arts and culture, and an understanding of their role and responsibilities in a democratic society.
- The teacher population of 91 teachers has grown by 22% over five years.
|Western Texas College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||91 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,179 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||24:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||571 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,608 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||252|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,500||$33,800|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Agriculture Club, Art Club, Baptist Student Ministry, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, GCSAA (Golf Course Superintendents Association of America), National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, PLANET (Professional Landcare Network)
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Western Texas College continues to grow and evolve after four decades in Snyder. WTC is a community college focused on the success of our students. Earning an Associate of Arts degree, an Associate of Science degree or an Associate of Arts in Teaching degree at WTC will provide you with college credit that will transfer to a university. Receiving an Associate of Applied Science degree or one of the many certificates we offer will give you the hands-on training needed to be competitive in today`s job market.
- Academically, Western Texas offers the same basic courses as the state's four-year schools. This includes Agriculture, Art, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, College Preparatory, Computer Science, Drama, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Geology, Government, History, Humanities, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Music, Orientation, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Science, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish and Speech.
- Western Texas offers Associate of Applied Science degrees as well as one-year and two-year vocational certificates in such areas as Early Childhood Education, Electrical Lineman Technology, Turfgrass & Landscape Management, Information Technology Business Management, Medical Information Technology, Petroleum Technology, Criminal Justice, and Welding.
- Western Texas College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, website: www.sacscoc.org, to award associate degrees and certificates. Inquiries to the Commission should relate only to the accreditation status of the institute, and not to general admission information.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Western Texas College is Texas State Technical College-West Texas (33.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,453 students | 33.30 Mi300 Homer K. Taylor Drive
Sweetwater,  TX  79556
- 3,756 students | 43.00 Mi1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring,  TX  79720
- 115 students | 46.80 Mi3200 Ave C
Big Spring,  TX  79720
- 135 students | 82.10 Mi2007 34th St
Lubbock,  TX  79411
- 314 students | 83.00 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.