Western Texas College
- Western Texas College is a comprehensive public community college which provides open access and equal educational opportunity as it supports the lifelong needs of a multicultural society. The college is committed to educational excellence as it challenges students to reach their full potential in developing critical thinking skills, communication proficiency, appreciation of arts and culture, and an understanding of their role and responsibilities in a democratic society.
- The teacher population of 74 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Western Texas College||(TX) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||74 staff||76 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,067 students||3,921 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||28:1||35:1|
|# Full-Time Students||576 students||1,055 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,491 students||2,866 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||252|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,500||$33,800|
- Academically, Western Texas offers the same basic courses as the state's four-year schools. This includes Agriculture, Art, Biology, Business Administration, Chemistry, College Preparatory, Computer Science, Drama, Economics, Education, English, Geography, Geology, Government, History, Humanities, Mass Communications, Mathematics, Music, Orientation, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physical Science, Physics, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish and Speech. Western Texas offers one-year and two-year vocational certificates in such areas as Early Childhood Education, Business, Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Golf & Landscape Technology, Vocational Nursing and Welding. Western Texas College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, website: www.sacscoc.org, to award associate degrees and certificates. Inquiries to the Commission should relate only to the accreditation status of the institute, and not to general admission information.
- The nearest community college to Western Texas College is Texas State Technical College-West Texas (33.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,453 students | 33.30 Mi300 Homer K. Taylor Drive
Sweetwater,  TX  79556
- 3,756 students | 43.00 Mi1001 Birdwell Lane
Big Spring,  TX  79720
- 115 students | 46.80 Mi3200 Ave C
Big Spring,  TX  79720
- 135 students | 82.10 Mi2007 34th St
Lubbock,  TX  79411
- 314 students | 83.00 Mi1421 Ninth Street
Lubbock,  TX  79401