Oakbridge Academy of Arts (Closed 2013)
- The Oakbridge Academy of Arts specializes in career educational opportunities and training for the student who wants to gain the working knowledge necessary to succeed in today's competitive visual arts society.
|Oakbridge Academy of Arts||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Enrollment||40 students||618 students|
|# Full-Time Students||40 students||372 students|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2013)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$23,000||$34,800|
Source: 2013 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The curricula at Oakbridge are designed to offer students a concentrated study. Our approach to career education provides each individual with the training to actualize his or her potential for growth. The Academy works with each student on an individual basis towards their competency as a visual artist or professional photographer. The two year Visual Design program at Oakbridge Academy is designed to cover every facet of visual communications. This program prepares the student for an entry-level position in newspapers, magazines, industry, and every aspect of business that needs to stimulate the sales of their product or service. Several areas of employment a student should be prepared to enter are Computer Design, Graphic Designer, Illustrator, Free-Lance Artist, Package Designer, Advertising Layout, Book Design / Layout and Catalog Design. The prime objective of the Photography Program, is to prepare students for entry-level employment immediately after graduation. It is a strong basic program that equips students to enter the important areas of photography including Photographer in a Commercial Art Studio, Industrial Photographer, Publishing Photographer, Photojournalist, Free-Lance Photographer, Home Portrait Photographer, Department Store Photographer and Sales Photographer. The program is designed to teach the technical knowledge and practical skills of photography and to develop the visual creativity of each student. Oakbridge Academy of Arts Online Instruction offer a wide range of highly interactive courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. All of our courses include expert instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. Our online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Courses offered at the Oakbridge Academy of Arts includes Basic Computer Literacy; Computer Applications; Graphic Design; The Internet; Web Page Design; Web Graphics & Multimedia; Web & Computer Programming; Database Management & Programming; Computer Troubleshooting & Networking; Certification Prep; Digital Photography & Digital Video; Languages; Writing & Publishing; Entertainment Industry; Test Prep; Personal Finance & Wealth Building; Health Care, Nutrition, & Fitness; Personal Enrichment; Child Care & Parenting; Art, History, Psychology, & Literature; Math, Philosophy, & Science; Accounting; Grant Writing & Nonprofit Management; Start Your Own Business; Personal Development; Business Administration; Sales & Marketing; Law & Legal Careers; Health Care Continuing Education; Career Certificate Programs and Courses for Teaching Professionals.
- The nearest community college to Oakbridge Academy of Arts is Career Training Academy-Lower Burrell (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 120 students | 2.10 Mi179 Hillcrest Shopping Center
Lower Burrell,  PA  15068
- 217 students | 12.00 Mi5808 Baum Blvd
Pittsburgh,  PA  15206
- 80 students | 12.80 Mi1014 West View Park Drive
Pittsburgh,  PA  15229
- 114 students | 15.60 Mi421 Seventh Avenue
Pittsburgh,  PA  15219
- 372 students | 15.70 Mi125 Seventh St
Pittsburgh,  PA  15222
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.